PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Half way through this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a 1991 Ashton Brindle X straight brown sandblast dublin with a square shank and tapered square acrylic cumberland stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Daisy the Feral Princess was crying at the door for food, so I fed her. What surprised me was that Shy Stripesy was here, hiding under the lounge as she often does. Since we've had steady, often heavy rain all day, I did not not expect to see her so she must have been very hungry to walk through it to come here. I'd dry her off, but she won't let me near her even though I've been feeding her for a year and a half. I wondered how long she's been here tonight, but I gave her extra in case it's been a long wait. Now, back to work.
View attachment 168498
@JimInks I enjoyed the Yorktown in my clay pipes; I was smoking it at the Redcoats and Revolutionaries event at Cromford Mill when the blacksmith lit my clay pipe with an ember from his forge 🔥:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Then, it's bed time.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Good morning. Last day of rest, I don't know how to call it rest, I have more days off than work, kidding, anyway. Smoking now a bowl of mb: Virginia Flake, in a Charles Cobbler MM pipe. Today is my town's independence day. My town belonged to another small town in the mountains, a grape producer, but a few decades ago, on May 15, 1981 it became independent. It was called the ship's grape, I believe that this grape was exported for the first time to countries such as the United States, China and also to western areas, Nordic countries. At the beginning of 1904 was the inauguration of this English cable, until the decline of the 70s. It was packaged in wooden barrels. There were several barrel factories here. The owner of one barrel factory, his son, a friend of mine, came up with the idea of filling hundreds of barrels with wine, which eventually became a sweet brandy. I remember after school, we would go to "snack" and drink brandy in the factory, then I don't remember anything else, hahahahahahahahah. We were only 14 years old. 14959934368467.jpg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Sounds good to me; is this a different clay pipe from the one with the weaving on it???
Going to have a few beers and bowls at the UK pipe show in Nottingham; I'm sure the Redcoat will make a grand entrance:)
Nope, It's the same pipe. I took the twine off to work on it and clean it.
Hope you enjoyed the pipe show and redcoat! puffy
Do you grow your own baccy???
I'm too lazy for that. 😁 I buy the leaves from online shops. Gotta make a new order soon, I'm running out of ingredients.

On topic:
New batch! Made up from the usual suspects in random quantities. I just threw some stuff together and made sure that enough Virginia is included. All stacked up and pressed into a little plate. Nothing special but certainly a neat smoke.

20220911_155519 - Copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.