Status
Not open for further replies.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
I said so and I'll do so!

Don't think, know! ;) That visual gold/black tobacco contrast is, in my humble opinion, unbeatable.
I'll make sure to come up with something good.

Absolutely, but first and foremost satisfying. It doesn't really matter if I end up spending hours of "work", energy and days of waiting for something that turns out to be absolute crap.
I'm learning and enjoying, combine those two simple ingredients and they will always produce an utmost satisfying and benefiting experience.

OT:
I brought forth my first VA twists and packed them into my newly and finally finished cob. I scraped out all the little pieces of husks (cornflakes?) that were stuck in those cavities.
Fired, sanded, fired, sanded. I prefer a dark pipe although the mouthpiece doesn't quite fit in now.

The first VA twists have really mellowed down by now, it's been around 70 hours of rest for 'em.
My palate is still not very bright or broad but to me this has become an exceptionally good smoke.
I tell you, it's just like an Oriental and I'm as happy as this little cookie!!

View attachment 171897

I can't wait to remember and taste my current batch of VA twists. Not to mention that aromatic.
Still gotta come up with something that fills my currently used jar...
Good chance to buy a commercial pipe tobacco, I really want to revisit Clan.

Whatever, drunken stumblebum over and out for now.
Smell y'all t'morrow!

The cob looks marvellous, my dear Chaukisch.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking SWRA in a straight, black sandblasted undated Comoy’s Sunrise Etched Grain straight apple 551 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. I just realized that I've smoked this blend on a occasional and sometimes more basis for almost forty years now. It became my go-to OTC smoke when Amphora Original disappeared from my area all those years ago. Need to open a pouch of the latter one of these days.
Comoy's_Sunrise_Apple.jpg

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Kicking back on cool sunny Friday afternoon with a glass of chilled water and some Sammy Gawith firedance plug. Rich and creamy with blackberries as the top note but what I love is the heavy plumes of smoke this gives off. Like sitting inside grandmas blackberry pie as it swirls around you and yeah you gotta dry it some 🤣
View attachment 171992

Best review ever 🤤

I'm going to have to head over to tobaccoblends.com now..

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
845B6B2E-DA39-4274-8D51-F6FAC8426EAC.jpeg

Another pipe for work at the desk. Found it in a junk shop round the corner. Filled some toothmarks took the green sufur of the stem and treated some dents in the bowl with a hot knife before polishing. It’s a Georgetown Virgin. A well made pipe. I load it with something sweet a Danske Club „Black and Virginias“ black cavendish/ Virginias and a little bit of honey, not that bad but nothing to think a lot about.

Does anyone know about it’s origins. Except from the Georgetown tobacconist in the US I couldn’t find a hint.

ACDE03E4-626A-4FF0-9840-CCF9EDF99B7E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.