PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smknron

Can't Leave
Sep 9, 2019
West Central Florida
I'm starting this 1st of September with some of my own made, pressed Virginia plug . It's made with some Red Virginia, Bright Virginia, and a small amount of Burley leaf. It's not aged very long at all , 8 months, but the flavors are very nice with the classic hay and fruit. I'm smoking it in an unstamped billiard pipe. I'll be sure to share some pictures soon.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I'm smoking Delhi-34 rajangan in a Peterson "K".

DSC_0277~2.JPG

Let me explain. Delhi-34 is a Canadian flue cured (Virginia) tobacco that was developed at the government agricultural research station in Delhi Ontario, Canada back in the 50s (or 60s?). I sun cured it "rajangan" style which is the method mostly used in Indonesia where they shred yellowed, uncured tobacco, and let the shred cure in the sun. It's not as sweet as if it was flue cured, but much more bright in flavour than if it was air cured. Being less than a week old, it's enjoyable, but fairly intense.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Esoterica Scarborough in a 2002 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A medium bend freehand sitter with a small horn ferrule accent and black acrylic saddle stem. Working on a review of it. Once I finish that, and smoke and review Woodbridge, I'll have reviewed all the Esoterica blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.