PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Vauen #14 VA Flake in a Peterson Republic Era Aboriginal System 312.
View attachment 42027
I gave up on trying to buy Vauen -- I looked for it on an Irish site. Bought Condor plug, then three days later heard from my bank the card I used was compromised. No problem they cancelled the charges attempted on it. Second try, I went with a German tobacco site with my remaining card. They didn't have it either, but I bought something else. A few days later, _that_ card was compromised. I subsequently received emails warning/apologizing for the compromises. I'm 0-2 trying to order from across the pond, so I guess I'll never get to try it. Trying to order from US.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
Trying to enjoy a bowl of Esoterica Dunbar while listening to the hack sounds of a bad backyard band a few houses down. I’ve been enjoying this jar from 2017. It’s very mellow but when you get a good cadence going it delivers a nice sweet smoke. I don’t taste much Perique just a nice balance of matured VA’s.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished a long, fun Zoom chat. I smoked:
Year 1985 MacBaren Scottish Mixture in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem.

Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a black sandblasted straight 1998 XXX Ashton lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem.

Year 2008 H&H Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite saddle stem.

KBV Merchant Service Pipes Unnamed American Blend Prototype in a 2019 straight smooth dark brown Merchant Service “Bing” with a nickel band and black vulcanite tapered stem.

Year 2014 Kramer's Blend for Cary Grant in a 1949 medium bend Dunhill Shell with a black vulcanite tapered stem.

And I'm just past the half way mark on this bowl of Prince Albert in a 2015 Basil Meadows black sandblasted billiard with an aluminum band and a pearl red acrylic tapered stem.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Early 20th Cent. unknown maker + G. L. Pease ABINGDON:-
(typical finish of standard briars with no maker's markings of this period - i.e. no fancy grain and pockmarked with filler - the filler situation rarely seen in my experience on silver mounted or cased briars of the same period)

20200906_171812_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.