PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
Today... started with Eso. Tilbury in a Vauen. Sam Gawith FVF in a Peterson. GL pease quiet nights on my walk tonight in another Vauen. Been on a Vauen kick with pipes lately. Breaking in a few and like the 9mm when walking. Don’t need to take a pipe cleaner if it gets wet at all.

oh and I cut and started to dry some SG Black XX rope but got scared off by the animal fat smells and reviews. Lol. I will try it! Only one I’ve ever thought twice about.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Our Thursday night "Chicago Buds Pipe Klatch" ZOOM, had me smoking 2003 Peterson Special Reserve Limited Edition tobacco, in the Peterson 1910 Classic Collection bulldog that my wife bought me, at the Grafton Street shop, during our 2002 trip to Ireland. Great company, great smoke.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Enjoying a bowl of Bosun Cut Plug in a cheap Chinese briar (Road Town) I picked up for these stronger Lakeland blends. Love this stuff, and I wish I'd picked up more of it in January when it dropped. Maybe the new distributor will mean it'll be more widely available in the states soon?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. More Community Coffee for my drink.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Peter Stokkebye No. 17 English Luxury in a quarter bend smooth dark brown small bowl 2016 Brigham Algonquin 226 Rhodesian with a long black vulcanite tapered stem. This will finish my smoking day. Been busy reading about the murder of George Reeves. I never accepted the suicide theory.

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Where did you find all these wonderful A.D.P. pipes?
With the exception of a fabulous set that Terry Carpenter has, these are some of the best I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Dino
In the late 1970s there was this guy who was the manager of the Peterson Pipes shop in Burlington Gardens, West London. He left his job (or the shop closed, I forget which) and started trading as Tobacco Collegium from a stall in a local market before moving to Desmond Sautter's in Mayfair. I used to go to him once a week regularly for several years when I was working in The City and he would come to my address not quite as regularly when I wasn't working bringing pipes for my approval. My original request to him was to source vintage and antique briars but only in unsmoked condition and I bought as many of those that I could afford.
In the 1970s and 1980s I bought my modern pipes from Dunhill and from the other half dozen or so pipe shops in the vicinity and my antique and vintage briars from this guy at Desmond Sautter. I smoked some of the older pipes back in the day but after a couple of amber stems broke on me I decided no longer as either I'm clumsy or amber becomes more fragile over the years.
That's how the briar pipes that I've posted here since the 14th August ended up in my possession.

It's a pleasure and I hope to continue until they find a vaccine or until I run out of pipes, whichever comes first.

Status
Not open for further replies.