PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
- That's one I haven't seen yet. I do hope Holmes manages to deconstruct Dr. Freud from his supination on the consulting couch, but I doubt it. I do wonder what (Dr.) Sir Arthur Conan Doyle made of psychoanalysis...
The movie is worth watching, but I prefer the book. Can't answer your question about Doyle.

Now smoking year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I guess today will be a pairing of pipe brand and tobacco day. I tracked down an unsmoked Captain Black pipe without its original packaging, making it much easier for me to decide to take flame to it.

Having Captain Black Original, circa 2018–2019 (I didn’t make note of which pouch was which when I jarred the packets I got from CIGARfest in ’18 and ’19) in a NOS (new old-stock) Captain Black Helmsman Billiard, circa 1992 (part of a Lane promotion), while I continue to work on the new issue of Weird Tales.

20241027_182436.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Taking the inaugural voyage of this new to me Chacom Bulldog I got recently. Smoking C&D Pegasus cause it never goes wrong and so far that's the case. The draw is more restricted than I expected, and go for, but I also don't hate how it's forcing me to slow down the smoking.

The two newer Chacom pipes that I have have small removable stingers. You might be able to open up the draw if your pipes has one of these.

BlueRidge

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2022
smoked several bowls of Five Brothers in cobs today doing work outside.

@BenMN here's my 10mo pup with a MN grouse (not a great pic) but she did a lot better on woodcock considering her young age. The northwoods of MN were very nice to visit and walk around in.
I"ve always admired those Nording hunting pipes, especially the game birds

IMG_0777.JPG

tmc

Lurker
Aug 18, 2024
Michigan
smoked several bowls of Five Brothers in cobs today doing work outside.

@BenMN here's my 10mo pup with a MN grouse (not a great pic) but she did a lot better on woodcock considering her young age. The northwoods of MN were very nice to visit and walk around in.
I"ve always admired those Nording hunting pipes, especially the game birds

View attachment 345087
Nice pup! I love Brittanys.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Couple 12 ga slugs about half way up may do the trick? Crude way of doing it though.
We had a big dead branch hanging over the driveway a few years back. My wife was sure it was going break loose and kill a random visitor. It reminded me of a Coronet Film we saw in 2nd grade where a forest ranger in Yellowstone shoots down a dangerous snag with his trusty 30-30. So awesome. I sighted in a Mosin Nagant with 208 gr. softpoints and in an overwhelmingly triumphant act of bravery, sliced off that branch in one shot.

Not so sure about how that would work on a whole tree. I’d use det cord or just get a line around it and pull.

Last edited: