PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyCombOver

Lurker
May 15, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA
Dr. Grabow Purchased at the Naval Operating Base Terminal Island, Los Angeles 1942.
Pulled this out to smoke some Half & Half figuring that the owner of this pipe probably smoked that
Being readily available at the time.
View attachment 257314View attachment 257315View attachment 257316
Matches860 did a video with an older pouch of Half and Half. Interestingly, it used to use tonquin/coumarin for flavor instead of the current anise/anisette flavor. I wish I could have tried it. It is apparently difficult to get tobacco using tonquin flavor these days.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Matches860 did a video with an older pouch of Half and Half. Interestingly, it used to use tonquin/coumarin for flavor instead of the current anise/anisette flavor. I wish I could have tried it. It is apparently difficult to get tobacco using tonquin flavor these days.
Thats awesome. I wouldn't mind trying some myself. Ironically That pipe was packed with half & half that was petrified after sitting in the bowl for decades. I was able to determine the purchase location as the pipes cleaners that were in the box and a hand written receipt had the address. I thought it was cool.
Hope you have a great Halloween.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Exclusive in an Abe Herbaugh. I love his shaping.
View attachment 257557
And yes, I scalded the back of the rim. That area is my most problematic with a normal pipe, with it being lower it caused more issues. Just have to be careful on packing low enough on both sides. He’s going to clean up the rim for me when I get another pipe from him next year.

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
The only one I know of in regular production is 1792 flake, although there may be others.

tnfan

Lifer
Jan 9, 2012
Franklin, Tennessee
F&T Cut Virginia Plug in a Peterson Deluxe Classic PSB (107).

IMG0054.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.