PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloozoe

Lifer
Sep 1, 2023
...a Savinelli Ottagono Due Sandblasted, Eight-sided, Paneled Dublin (number 63/600).
Gotta be the longest name for a pipe I've ever seen.

By the way, I've been meaning to talk to you about something:

Every time I see one of your posts your name gets pronounced in my head as "their-on monkey", and I think "what kind of name is that?" until I remember that I had already figured out that it was "the iron monkey". Happens every day and it's disconcerting.

Maybe if you change it to "thesteelmonkey" it will read better. Or just "monkey" and dodge the lack of spacing problem altogether.

In any case, take care of it, ok? Thanks.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Well, last night I tried the SWRA and it was good, but I definitely prefer the SWR regular. Considered trying Half & Half today but I popped the tin last night to Sutliff Maple Shadows and it has been calling to me ever since, so that's what I am having this afternoon.

So far just from the charing light, I already love this Maple Shadows. I'd probably love it even more if it wasn't 85° outside right now.

PXL_20231021_192541798.jpg

PipeWI

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2023
Somerset WI
Thank you,
My PAD keeps me searching for them all the time. That pencil shank
Does really well with Virginia’s and for some reason the Canadians are really growing on me. I have a fairly large amount of freehands and bents but I seem to grab the straights more than others.
I had a significant PAD spell when all the bents got replaced.... now look!20231021_143731.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a big golden delicious apple on the side. I'm smoking year 2020 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 159 *4 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Gold Star Maui Red Catuai, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_159apple.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Jim, can you detect any major differences between the 2014 stash you recently finished and this new 2010 batch of FVF?
Quite a lot. The 2014 stash I bought at the time and immediately jarred. It is magnificent as has every single well aged and properly jarred batches of FVF, SJF and BBF that I have ever tried. In the case of the one pound box of 2010 FVF (which was a surprise gift from a friend I had helped with stuff), the man left the tobacco in the box the last thirteen years. The flakes still had some moisture, but the flavor was mostly like it was when he purchased the box.

I hope anyone who leaves Sam Gawith tobaccos in boxes reads this, and jars or mylars the tobacco, or else you will never experience the benefits from aged tobacco. This is the second time I have experienced this. These boxes were never meant to be used for the aging of tobacco products.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Gotta be the longest name for a pipe I've ever seen.

By the way, I've been meaning to talk to you about something:

Every time I see one of your posts your name gets pronounced in my head as "their-on monkey", and I think "what kind of name is that?" until I remember that I had already figured out that it was "the iron monkey". Happens every day and it's disconcerting.

Maybe if you change it to "thesteelmonkey" it will read better. Or just "monkey" and dodge the lack of spacing problem altogether.

In any case, take care of it, ok? Thanks.

That happens around here a lot. Member @NomadOrb used have his name displayed in all lower case as “nomadorb”—while I knew it was “Nomad Orb”, especially because his avatar depicted a nomad, in my head it was “noma-dorb.” I figure with the upper and lower case with my user name, it’s safe to leave as is. This post gives a little background on the name I use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.