Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Watch City SEPC 2023 in a small slight bend black sandblast 2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea author with a silver spigot military bit and a tapered black acrylic stem. This is a private blend for my Sunday zoomers.
Ardor Urano Ninfea author_MM.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Last smoke of the day is year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 1970’s smooth Savinelli Non Pareil 9574 Hungarian with a horn ferrule and a black vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked this pipe in a long time, so I'm giving it some work. Reading while this bowl lasts.
Sav. NP.OomPaul.jpg

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
I find that pipe club meetings except from absolute and pure f u n are also a great opportunity (through samples exchange) to taste tobaccos you have never tried before or perhaps never heard of and also, in some special occasions, taste a tobacco that doesn't exist anymore, perhaps for many years, usually a gift from an older, experienced member, out from a tin that is considered "collector's item".
I try to go to most of my club meetings. During the last one I've been, one of the oldest members, Elias, was giving to the others a tobacco he purchased but finally didn't like because it was "too aromatic" for him. He wasn't sure if it was Samuel Gawith Special Flake no 5 or no 7. I took some and I am smoking it now. I like it. A lot. Reminds me a bit of the glorious Condor but it ain't Condor of course.
I am smoking it in "the Last of the Falcons", the last pipe in the Falcon phase of my rotation. Next phase is Corn Cobs phase and I estimate that -if all is well- a new Falcon phase will come again in about 2 months. The stem (a black one) is brand new, I wanted it for a long time and smoke it for the first time. Also the coffee mug is new, gifted to me by my Lady, first time I use it.

I wish you a very nice weekend good people!

SG special flake no 5 (or 7) - Falcon pipe.JPG

Aug 11, 2023
I find that pipe club meetings except from absolute and pure f u n are also a great opportunity (through samples exchange) to taste tobaccos you have never tried before or perhaps never heard of and also, in some special occasions, taste a tobacco that doesn't exist anymore, perhaps for many years, usually a gift from an older, experienced member, out from a tin that is considered "collector's item".
I try to go to most of my club meetings. During the last one I've been, one of the oldest members, Elias, was giving to the others a tobacco he purchased but finally didn't like because it was "too aromatic" for him. He wasn't sure if it was Samuel Gawith Special Flake no 5 or no 7. I took some and I am smoking it now. I like it. A lot. Reminds me a bit of the glorious Condor but it ain't Condor of course.
I am smoking it in "the Last of the Falcons", the last pipe in the Falcon phase of my rotation. Next phase is Corn Cobs phase and I estimate that -if all is well- a new Falcon phase will come again in about 2 months. The stem (a black one) is brand new, I wanted it for a long time and smoke it for the first time. Also the coffee mug is new, gifted to me by my Lady, first time I use it.

I wish you a very nice weekend good people!

View attachment 254906
That's a hyuuuuuuge bowl on that falcon. Who makes it? I've been meaning to do more work on my Cholula bowl for my falcon, but I've got all sorts of things to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.