PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briar Beagle

Lurker
Apr 30, 2022
Halfway through a bowl of Bayou Morning. Combined with some time in the Word, it’s a good way to start your day. This was one of my top blends when I began to smoke a pipe. I left it alone for the better part of a year in favor of Latakia heavy blends (such as Palmetto Balkan… yum!) but as the fall season has set in I’ve been returning to Vapers and straight virginias. Smoking it in my favorite type of cob, the bent country gentleman.
IMG_2729.jpeg

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! A post from yesterday: KBV Brown Flek in a wee Tilshead smooth Dublin with canted rim and flattened shank with matching tapered stem size 3-4. Today, starting with fresh Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls in a wee Upshall sandblast Bulldog with smooth rim and hex shank with matching saddle stem size 3-4.

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
@Backwoods Briar I love the hand forged pipe tool; Jason the blacksmith was showing me how they're made, by twisting the red hot metal and then quenching it. He's given me a hand forged hook & I've got a hand forged medieval cutlery set I use regularly! Using replica medieval tools, cutlery etc & smoking a clay pipe lit from a blacksmith's forge is all part of living history! I think the leather tobacco tray would suit the Clay King as well!
Got my leather tobacco pouch (a gift from @Birddog66 ) filled up in Buxton yesterday; I got some loose Bob's Flake & Coniston Cut Plug to smoke in my clay pipes. Another plastic free day!
I agree @halfdan, I love the feel of forged tools. The history and longevity of them are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.