Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulRVA

Lifer
May 29, 2023
“Tobacco Row “Richmond Virginia USA
Gentleman Caller in my skull meer.

View attachment 250610
Still working on ghosting this pipe with deer tongue. I could taste a little when drawing through the packed unlit pipe with an English last week but no taste when lit yet.
Doc,
Where is a good place to find whole leaf deer tongue? How to you think it would pair along with anise and latakia?
Love the meer also.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
After failed attempts last week, I’m taking an afternoon off and vow not to be interrupted! Contemplating what I’ll be doing on the deck for a bit with a Pete Short Army XL16 and KBV Mr. C’s Stoved and Red which I think is a great Va (though technically an aro). And I have a fast growing friend! IMG_3065.jpegIMG_3060.jpeg

Last edited:

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
You'll find mixed opinions on here about Peterson, but I love the ones I have. I think it would be an excellent choice for a first new pipe.
Heck yeah! That's how it is with alot of things! I have some Marxman estates on the way. I am going to experiment with light restoration so I might get an estate before new to see if I like em. They look great and have heard they are real nice smokers.

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
Current year Solani ABF. I popped this tin last night because I leave on a trip tomorrow and I am trying to decide what to bring with me.

I never had the old ABF, but this iteration isn't terrible, just not what I want in burley. When I popped the tin, I was afraid because I was greeted with a very strong chocolate smell, and I hate chocolate. Tin notes can be deceiving though.

Actually smoking it, it started more like cocoa than chocolate. Still tastes as the name suggests... aged. I prefer my burley fresh, while it still has that light, yellowy floral taste, not this brown-y cocoa taste. And it was VERY cocoa tasting. Five minutes in and it's tasting more woody, which I greatly prefer to the start. Hopefully it will stay like this the rest of the way.

PXL_20231002_190915522.jpg

RobNYC

Lifer
Dec 10, 2021
Queens, N.Y.
Heck yeah! That's how it is with alot of things! I have some Marxman estates on the way. I am going to experiment with light restoration so I might get an estate before new to see if I like em. They look great and have heard they are real nice smokers.
Good luck with the restorations. Nothing wrong with an estate, that's a great way to test the waters. I can only speak to the Petersons that I have, but they are all great smokers and I have about a dozen. I would say the odds are in your favor. However, it can be quite the rabbit hole!

Status
Not open for further replies.