PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Almost time for Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I didn't smoke at all over the busy and windy weekend, broke the fast with a bowl of C&D Epiphany in my mystery basket briar last night after everything calmed down:

basket_epi_1018.jpg

Not a bad smoke. I was able to keep it lit for several good stretches just by sipping and working the tamper. I'm sure this was helped by being toward the end of the jar, and the drier air outside. I did get some hissing a few times during the last third of the bowl, though, indicating that I still suck at pipes. 🙃

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Yep, from Asterix to Icarus. 😁

The 1792 Flake was a real treat. Great for sipping.

OT:
Came back from a few hours of having a good time, went to a quiet lake that connnects to the river.
I think it's man-made. No music, no books, just thoughts. Brought my clay and cob along together with a tin of Perique/English & Danish style Black Cavendish/Virginia/Oriental. After a while the legs wanted to move and I ended up strolling through the far fields.

My place.
View attachment 175987

My view.
View attachment 175988

My clay. (The shell is there to keep the breeze out of the chamber)
View attachment 175989

My cob at the river.
View attachment 175990

As free as the wind blows, as free as the grass grows.
View attachment 175991
@Chaukisch What's the baccy?
I think the "Clay King" needs more of that mellow golden Virginia leaf:)
Good idea to use a shell as a wind cap; I'll have to see if I can find one the right size.
Might get blown off though:)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a smooth straight brown 1950 Dunhill 48 bulldog group 4 root briar with a black vulcanite fish tail saddle stem. Magnum Roastery Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink. Watching the Padres-Phillies pre-game show as I work on finishing a count of meers, military mounts, silver spigots, bulldogs, Rhodesians, and Canadians/Liverpools/Lumbermans.
Dunhill_1950_root-bulldog48.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking year 2014 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a smooth dark brown medium bend year 1924 Dunhill 136A double patent apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough for one more bowl. Wish I had more of this vintage. Watching the Phillies-Padres game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1924-Bent_apple_136A.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.