PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
G&H Curly Cut Deluxe, struggling to believe this is 100% Virginia, there is a spiciness coming through the sweetness, and sour notes reminding me strongly of Perique, yet the description and @jiminks’s review don’t mention Perique. Reminds me of Cabbies too. Mr Jim can you weigh in?

Either way a very good smoke.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of the way through this bowl of Watch City Blue Ridge Special in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Working and listening to The Challenge of the Yukon from my own collection of radio shows.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Wilke Peanut Butter and Chocolate in a 2016 quarter bend Royal Meerschaum lattice apple meer with a black, gold and cream swirl amber colored acrylic tapered stem. I'll probably end the day with this smoke.
Royal_M_Lattice_Apple.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
First a blend of equal parts HH Old Dark Fired (chopped), Sutliff 515 RC-1 and Newminster Superior Navy Flake (also chopped), smoked in a S.Klein Design Lovat.
Second a blend of equal parts Frosty Mint, Vanilla Custard and Gawith Hoggarth Dark Bird's Eye, smoked in a Savinelli Mega Lovat.

D0504E64-0C7D-4672-877F-ED74764BEF7F.jpeg

The VA+DFK blend was a bit sweet and bready, nicely consistent, the only problem is after my episode with Kendal Kentucky last week I still have a bit of a negative reaction to the smell of Kentucky now, hopefully I'll get over it sooner than later.

The Aro+Bird's Eye blend still just tasted like a strong aromatic and both flavors came through decently well, though I might add a little less mint in future.
As far as I can tell Dark Bird's Eye hasn't affected the flavor of any aromatics I've mixed it with yet but I know for certain these blends burn brilliantly.