PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

virkia

Lifer
Jan 30, 2020
Yesterday my wife and I celebrated our 50th. wedding anniversary. After church, where the Orthodox Metropolitan of Chicago (a rank equal to a Cardinal in the Catholic Church) blessed us at the close of the Liturgy, we went out, later in the afternoon, for a sumptuous dinner at Chicago's venerable Italian Village.
At home, I enjoyed a 50 year old Cuban Tueros Tubo corona, in a cedar lined aluminum tube, that I bought on our honeymoon in the Bahamas. I had a dram of The Macallan 12 to warm me up on a chilly early evening, under the gazebo.
The cigar was amazing. Lots of cedar, pepper and spice and a smooth, not too strong, Cuban flavor. The most incredible thing was the ash. It held on until the very end. I had to give up with about 3/4 of an inch left, as I didn't have a roach clip, to prevent burning my fingers or setting my moustache ablaze.
Man, what a magnificent day!

(The poster is from my granddaughter's high school graduation)
View attachment 100927
1633479455697.png

Many congratulations on your Golden Anniversary!

By the way, your magnificent ash pillar reminds of those 'Feast of Ashes' competitions from back in the day - this one from 1948
20211005_190631.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Peterson: 3 P's - Peterson's Perfect Plug in a Meer...
OpeRgDy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful parmesan chicken and tomato pie dinner with a scoop of French vanilla ice cream for dessert. I'm almost half way through this bowl of J.F. Germain & Son Rich Dark Flake in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored lucite tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Yankees-Red Sox game while Suzy incessantly bathes my arm. Molly is snoozin' on m'lady's lap.
PSF_KaywoodiePOY.jpg

Bax Burley

Can't Leave
Jul 20, 2021
Pennsylvania
Haunted Bookshop in a Crown Jewels Straight Billiard, watching the new episode of Only Murders in the Building with the wife. Just finished a Henry V rehearsal with my students earlier. I'm playing Captain Fluellen, because he dropped out, so I'm working on my outrageous Welsh accent.