PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
As I wrote it, I worried it would seem I was implying it. I did not mean to.

Sweet tea is usually just too (forgive me) sweet for me. But my sugar intake in general is extremely low at this point. I couldn't tell you the last time I had a soda, for instances.

I'm also expecting a bourbon or two, tonight. I'm working on keeping it to two drinks on the weeknights, maybe one (ahem, two) additional ones on Friday and Saturday.
It's a southern thang. I drink a cup or two of coffee in the morning and sweet tea from there on out. I reckon I go through 4 gallons a week.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this freshly opened tin of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation 2012 Anniversary Blend in a three quarter bend smooth 1985 Dunhill Chestnut 5202 with a cumberland saddle stem. Erik gifted me the tin so I could write a review. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_1985Chestnut5202_billiard copy.jpg

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
I lived a handful of years in Missouri. Could never get a taste for it, even back then I wasn't a big sugary drink guy. Coffee is another matter, entirely.
I make mine at home so it's not quite as sugary as some of the restaurants around here. I know what you mean though, some places put so much sugar in their tea your teeth hurt before the glass makes it to your mouth. I drink my coffe with no sugar, straight black. I'm probably in it more for the caffeine.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Black Irish X in a Meer...​

JK0v3vb.jpg

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
Yesterday my wife and I celebrated our 50th. wedding anniversary. After church, where the Orthodox Metropolitan of Chicago (a rank equal to a Cardinal in the Catholic Church) blessed us at the close of the Liturgy, we went out, later in the afternoon, for a sumptuous dinner at Chicago's venerable Italian Village.
At home, I enjoyed a 50 year old Cuban Tueros Tubo corona, in a cedar lined aluminum tube, that I bought on our honeymoon in the Bahamas. I had a dram of The Macallan 12 to warm me up on a chilly early evening, under the gazebo.
The cigar was amazing. Lots of cedar, pepper and spice and a smooth, not too strong, Cuban flavor. The most incredible thing was the ash. It held on until the very end. I had to give up with about 3/4 of an inch left, as I didn't have a roach clip, to prevent burning my fingers or setting my moustache ablaze.
Man, what a magnificent day!

(The poster is from my granddaughter's high school graduation)
Dino with 50 year old cigar.jpg