PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
After the production of "Condor" moved to Poland I basically wrote off the blend, especially given all the glum reviews. But then I read better, and I'm wondering what you re smoking these days, if you're smoking anything at all?
@saltedplug I still smoke Condor Plug since I have a large stash of several pounds pre-Poland Gallaghers Plugs which keeps both myself and Weezell ticking over. Likewise I have large amounts of Warrior Plug, Mick McQuaid Plug and Velvan. By interspersing these with Bosuns Plug, Grassmere, Constiston CP and several Gawith & Hoggarth twist tobaccos I find I am able to survive the loss of manufacturing of these iconic plugs as well as carry on smoking well into my 80s assuming I live that long at my current rate.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Good Morning everyone. Apart from it being Monday it looks to be another fine day in Florida. I have been up since 4.30 working and smoked my first bowl of brown twist for the day in the usual shape of pipe. I am currently having a mug of coffee delivered by one of these new fangled Keurig coffee makers. I must say they are very clever and the Germans must have invented them but I don't see the cost effectiveness of the things. I also take issue with a coffee 'pod' that resembles a shrunken yogurt container. Some things just do not improve the world for the better. Have a good day everyone.

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Just finished a very satisfying bowl of University Flake, started off with mainly Virginia, then 50/50 Burley and Virginia, then a nice, dark,Burley forward smoke in the last 3rd of the bowl.
Looking forward to aging this stuff in a jar - which means another order very soon as one tin is never enough.

@condorlover1 , re: coffee pods, I feel the same way, in that it will be the next environmental headache in years to come, like plastic straws and bottles etc.

Now going to sink a few Frangelico nips before bed.