PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Hello chaps, it’s a windy, rainy and chilly autumn day here on the South coast and I’ve been pulling jars off the shelf for what’s probably going to be a weekend spent indoors writing and listening to music.
I just finished a bowl of 50/50 Solani 633 and stoved Escudo which was bloody delicious and something I’ll definitely be repeating. Right now it’s Tuskegee Airman in my BC Ventose, this pipe and blend seem to be made for each other. The pipe was a gift from @simong and although it’s not something I would have considered normally I can’t find fault with the way it smokes, it’s a damn fine pipe with a damn fine blend in it. image.jpg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Dark Flake Unscented in a Meer...
ce10cRA.jpg

That has come a long way and the color is coming through nicely!

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good weekend and pipes all! Starting this first October Saturday morning with C&D Autumn Evening (red Virginia cavendish cased with natural maple) in a Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro Billiard 824 with flattened shank and stem. A real treat to see a great pipe back there, cshubhra! - hope to see the Chonowitsch soon, too!

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Unsmoked from all that time ago? A special smoke indeed! Be careful you don't drop it!??
well the bowl was certainly virgin and the hallmarks indicate 1892.

when I aquired it the amber stem was broken and poorly glued together,my repair man made the acrylic replacement shown in the above picture

here is the old stem before the removal of the silver ferrule
.jpgs-l500 (4).jpg
s-l500 (5).jpgs-l500 (8).jpg

Last edited: