Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mar 1, 2014
Three bowls.
1. An experiment turning Bayou Morning into an English, at 30% each Bayou, Star of the East, and Izmir, plus an extra dash of Latakia. It burns exceptionally well, but only tastes like an average Balkan with a hint of Perique. Needs more Bayou.
Smoked in a James Barber Billiard (re-drilled wide open).

2. Penny Farthing in a Missouri Meerschaum Freehand (re-drilled stem), packed top to bottom.
Penny Farthing has to be the best burning tobacco that isn't Five Brothers, unfortunately I'm not sure which tastes better, the Perique was never discernible and the Kentucky only seemed to peek out in the smell. It seems that young C&D Virginias have a characteristic bite and I don't know if I've found a C&D VA blend that I like yet, at least not without a few years age.
While my other tin ages this one will get blended with some hearty flake to give it flavor.

3. A bowl of Presbyterian to break in my freshly drilled Chinese made Bamboo Volcano. Presbyterian is always an enjoyable no nonsense smoke.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Starting off the day with a bowl from a first production tin (2013) of Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Half bowl of 2 year old Union Square in my new Savinelli, with coffee on the side.
I didn’t care for this tobacco at all when it was fresh, but 2 years in a jar has done wonders. It’s still no Capstan Blue, but now I understand why folks like it.

View attachment 102733View attachment 102734
Forget that half bowl shit, it is crap and people who do it are wasting their time. Fill it to the top and smoke it to the bottom and just be careful about the temp your pipe gets. You want a nice even hard cake? Load it up with a Virginia flake and keep smoking that till you see a nice hard cake.