PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of circa year 2000 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Plutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 23, 2020
Shropshire, UK

Seamaster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
Scotland
Just tried a bowl of Missouri Meerschaum 150th Anniversary Crumble Cake which I picked up on a whim. Not my usual choice of blend but found it very easy smoking and if it was available in the UK I'd probably order some more (got stung for duty ordering it from MM, unsurprisingly).

As an aside, I ordered it alongside a Pot O' Gold cob, which I binned unsmoked. Very poorly manufactured, I'm afraid. Shank cracked for the full length, the mortice ring had been flattened, and the tenon fit was loose as loose can be. I've kept the nice amber acrylic stem which I'll redeploy on my Legend, so it's not a total bust. Too much of a hassle to return it, but man-oh-man MM's QC needs some work, especially given this is supposed to be one of their premium cobs. I'd have been disappointed if I'd been sold it as a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.