PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.GANDY

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 12, 2020
Savannah,Georgia
Wow, I hadn't heard of them, cheers for the link.
I think I might have to brave my first overseas order for some of these...
Whilst I'm a big fan of MM, there's something about the look of those Old Dominions..
Definitely a more traditional corncob pipe. That's how they started. Hollowed out cob and a reed of some type stuck in there. Doesn't get any simpler than that!?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a quarter of a bowl left of year 2008 H&H Anniversary Kake in a smooth 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Going to take a short forum break to take care of some business.

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
After recently ordering some SG Full Virginia Plug I decided to root around my cellar and smoke some FVF. I didn’t realize I have quite a bit cellared from years ago and I barely smoke it. So today I decided to really give it a go. I grabbed some bulk from 2012, rubbed it out and let it dry in the sun for a brief time. It’s windy out so I am sitting in my shed with my lawnmower. First 3rd of the bowl was the same so-So FVF but after that, it blossomed. Deep, dark and fruity, cool burning. I feel like after all these years I’m on the road to learning how to enjoy this fussy tobacco. Looking forward to trying the plug version.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Whiskey Biscuit Gravy, a whiskey aromatic from Just For Him, a sample courtesy of a fellow member, in a bent natural (unfinished) Peterson Dublin, a nice smooth blend with excellent whiskey flavoring that lets the tobacco show through

Status
Not open for further replies.