PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to Boston Blackie on the XM. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Yesterday, I was feeling like a pure Virginia, so reached quickly for one of my favs in this regard, GLP Union Square. Accidentally grabbed a jar of Telegraph Hill instead. Not something I’ve smoked in a while, so I said sure, let’s give it a go. Very pleased now that it has some age on it. I found it pretty complex with lots of different profiles showing through. Had a few bowls now and will keep at it. Wish my brain had an association for everything my tastes buds are experiencing, but I’m no @JimInks. Tonight in a Dunhill 71.

IMG_5486.jpeg

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
Great book!
Wendell Berry was recommended to me by the pipe-smoking proprietor (straight peterson with 1-Q) of a bookshop in Franklin, Tennessee. We got talking about Bukowski, of whom he had the largest selection I've ever seen in a store (he is personally a fan). He featured an even larger display of Berry, who is new to me. He suggested this to start with. Loving it!

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
LOL I didn't name it. It was a blend that a YT Pipe Presenter made up for a blend contest at his local tobacco shop. Which he won. If I remember correctly, it's a blend of Lane 1Q and a blending Latakia. The name is terrible, but the tobacco is good. ;)
What are the, uh, proportions?

*I do seriously want to know. Have both 1Q and blending Lat on hand, and interest in smoking either is near zero.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Having a bowl of Odyssey! Is meerschaum safe to smoke outside in the winter? I read that harsh winter can make it crack? Just curious because the wife has one on the way for me and I don't want to bust it.
I dunno, but on an early episode of the PM radio show there was a guy from Alaska that had his briar bowl crack. It was from the shock of going outside.

Never had it happen to me, but ever since then I'll set my pipe aside if it's -20°F out and I'm letting the hounds out quick or taking the trash down.

Status
Not open for further replies.