PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
Relaxing after some quite stressful days with Bayou Morning in my beloved Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog.
I missed the past days on the forum, I'll have to catch up later.
IMG_20231114_204941.jpg
I work in Grindavík, and maybe you have seen in the news that there might be a lava eruption within the borders of the town. So we had to try to save the essentials, but it's not easy with earthquakes and sulphur-dioxide in the air. Anyhow, it already looks bad, even without eruption (yet). This is one corner away from our factory:
reykj_crack2_s.jpg

Last edited:

Tbaggins

Oct 15, 2021
Montana
Relaxing after some quite stressful days with Bayou Morning in my beloved Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog.
View attachment 261546
I work in Grindavík, and maybe you have seen in the news that there might be a lava eruption within the borders of the town. So we had to try to save the essentials, but it's not easy with earthquakes and sulphur-dioxide in the air. Anyhow, it already looks bad, even without eruption (yet). This is one corner away from our factory:
View attachment 261548
That sucks having to pack for an evacuation, been close with forest fires before. Hoping your situation improves!

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Balatonalmádi, Hungary
That sucks having to pack for an evacuation, been close with forest fires before. Hoping your situation improves!
Thanks! Luckily, I don't live there, but it's horrible for those people who own a house in that town. We were just about to save some stocks from the factory to be able to supply our customers, but for 3800 people it means their whole life. Although, it's a good question, why did the government allow constructions above a potential lava tunnel, a visible crack, while it was known for ages that it's a risky area.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Morning Espresso and a bowl of Mick McQ Plug. Almost waded through this packet and I must say it tastes fairly similar to Warrior Plug. If you don't let it sit out for a while it can play hell to get it to light. I am starting the think that Bosun's Plug might be the way to go. My pipe de jour is a no name meerschaum 'cutty' with an amber stem. If I have time I'll post a picture later but if you use your imagination you will realize that one of my pipes looks pretty much the same as every other pipe I own! Enjoy your day boys and I will drop by later.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
View attachment 261546
View attachment 261548
Stay safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.