PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Thank you, I’ll definitely pick some up, it sounds great 🙏

When I posted, I hadn’t even smoked a quarter of the bowl.

Now almost half way down the bowl, I wanted to report, that I’m noticing, because of the casing it starts to come across slightly like Tilbury at times, and with very subtle Burley like Tilbury notes.

I just think, because this tin has a subtle Tilbury similar casing, it comes across at times like this half way down, but if you’ve smoked Tilbury you might notice this subtlety more often.

Yes this is certainly a keeper! 👍

My pleasure, be sure to let me know how yours turns out when you get some. :)

Take care! ❤️

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
When I posted, I hadn’t even smoked a quarter of the bowl.

Now almost half way down the bowl, I wanted to report, that I’m noticing, because of the casing it starts to come across slightly like Tilbury at times, and with very subtle Burley like Tilbury notes.

I just think, because this tin has a subtle Tilbury similar casing, it comes across at times like this half way down, but if you’ve smoked Tilbury you might notice this subtlety more often.

Yes this is certainly a keeper! 👍

My pleasure, be sure to let me know how yours turns out when you get some. :)

Take care! ❤️
I do have a bag of Tilbury and I’m very fond of it, that’s really good to know and I’ll definitely tell you what I think when I get my hands on a tin. Germain’s is pretty hard to find even here but I have a secret source 😉

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Clan in a clay. Finished the packet of Borkum Riff now; it was good for a change but I won't be buying it again. Tastes too artificial with a chemical 'cherry' fragrance. GH Cherry Vanilla smells & tastes far better but burns a bit hot in a clay.
Picked 3 bags of rubbish this morning from Newbold & Holmebrook Valley Park; the water level in the stream has fallen but the ground's still quaggy - especially where the Vikings were the week before last:)
Didn't go down to the leaky dams I helped to build as it's VERY muddy & slippery down there:)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
an afternoon smoke of Good Ole St Bruno RR in a GBD New Standard 4071 long medium size billiardView attachment 259393
@PaulTheScandinavian St Bruno is good in a clay pipe; I've smoked a few packets of it in my clays. The classic pipe smell! I found out the Harpole FC (near Northampton) clay pipe smoking contest uses St Bruno RR in the clays:
I haven't taken part but I got 54min out of a clay pipe of St Bruno - I bought a packet to see how long I could make a clay pipe of baccy last! Rotten luck to the last man smoking that his clay pipe went out less than 2 minutes short of an hour...

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Had a bowl of Castello Old Antiquari in a 40’s Yello Bole while out with WeeBay, returned home and putting together some pipes and blends to take to the pub where I’m having lunch with my sister. It’s another lovely day here but that changes tomorrow with more rain for several days, I don’t mind the rain but It’s getting a bit tiresome now. image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.