PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Having tonight, some Germain’s Royal Jersey Dark Cavendish in a Radice Clear Dublin with Baldo Baldi briar, aged over 20 years.

Along with a bottle of New Belgium Honey Orange Tripel. 😋

Don’t worry guys, I’m not joining the Trappists Monks! LOL rotf But oh boy, do I love Belgian beers! ❤️

This one goes out to @Birddog66 ❤️

It’s a very delicate VA, with the slightly musty signature style Germain casing.

Initial tin not is sweet raisin/plum like fruity, afterwards the musty smell presents itself. Smelling it gently, it comes across sweet raisin/plum like fruity. But if you really stick your nose in it and really take big wiffs, the Germain musty scent is really noticeable, and then comes across too with a slight rustic/smoky note.

The smoke is extremely delicate, sweet, again raisin/plum like fruity, with the Germain musty casing going on.

When I sip and hunt, I also get sweet bread for the VA, occasionally a nice floral spice, sometimes a very faint hint of citrus and grass/hay.

I haven’t smoked a lot, so for now, the overall notes are;

Sweet bread VA, raisin/plum fruity, with faint hints of citrus, grass/hay, along with Germain’s signature musty notes, that come across also sweet and slightly rustic/spicy, the spice also comes across floral/spicy too at times.

I have a 2021 tin of Tilbury, and the musty casing smell of this Royal Jersey, is like a subtler delicate version of the Tilbury.

This is an all day smoke, fairly sweet, very delicate, elegant and subtle. 👍

EA74EF16-E3F8-45B6-9402-62341AE8788D.jpeg

P.S. @hoosierpipeguy as someone who likes light VAs, I’d give this a go if you haven’t. :)

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Having tonight, some Germain’s Royal Jersey Dark Cavendish in a Radice Clear Dublin with Baldo Baldi briar, aged over 20 years.

Along with a bottle of New Belgium Honey Orange Tripel. 😋

Don’t worry guys, I’m not joining the Trappists Monks! LOL rotf But oh boy, do I love Belgian beers! ❤️

This one goes out to @Birddog66 ❤️

It’s a very delicate VA, with the slightly musty signature style Germain casing.

Initial tin not is sweet raisin/plum like fruity, afterwards the musty smell presents itself. Smelling it gently, it comes across sweet raisin/plum like fruity. But if you really stick your nose in it and really take big wiffs, the Germain musty scent is really noticeable, and then comes across too with a slight rustic/smoky note.

The smoke is extremely delicate, sweet, again raisin/plum like fruity, with the Germain musty casing going on.

When I sip and hunt, I also get sweet bread for the VA, occasionally a nice floral spice, sometimes a very faint hint of citrus and grass/hay.

I haven’t smoked a lot, so for now, the overall notes are;

Sweet bread VA, raisin/plum fruity, with faint hints of citrus, grass/hay, along with Germain’s signature musty notes, that come across also sweet and slightly rustic/spicy, the spice also comes across floral/spicy too at times.

I have a 2021 tin of Tilbury, and the musty casing smell of this Royal Jersey, is like a subtler delicate version of the Tilbury.

This is an all day smoke, fairly sweet, very delicate, elegant and subtle. 👍

View attachment 259363

P.S. @hoosierpipeguy as someone who likes light VAs, I’d give this a go if you haven’t. :)
Thank you, I’ll definitely pick some up, it sounds great 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.