PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
Exclusive in an Eltang Acorn Snail. From looking at the grain and price of a bunch of snails, I’d say this is on the lower end. Eltang doesn’t make a bad pipe though, it’s a keeper. The super snails are $$$$. Someday maybe 😂🤩
View attachment 258809
Something else I’ve noticed, brought to my attention in a J Alan interview, Eltang and other Danes will use longer, very elegant stems, while he and a lot of other American carvers, use short stems, often saddle bits. I believe Jess and Lars used shorter as well but I need to keep studying their work.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Gonna use the empty tins to carry bulk around.
As you’ll often see in my workday posts, I used empty de-ghosted Camel Snus tins a buddy at work kicks me down. There’s usually four packed with different blends in my lunchbox that carry me through the week, avg of 3-4 bowls a day.
Masking tape labels stay on side of jar and are transferred to tin when used, and back when done.
Good size to carry in pocket around property too for reloads.F1F20065-2C53-4747-B376-B505DC177CD9.jpeg

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Out of curiosity, do you prefer Backwoods Bastard or the younger, less fortified son Dirty Bastard? Both are solid Scotch ales, but I lean towards Dirty.

There's a French Toast Bastard too, but that bastard is elusive.
Both Dirty and Backwoods are fantastic. My personal preference is for the Backwoods which is kinda odd since I often don't care for bourbon barrel aged beers. Backwoods doesn't have the spicy burn that so many bourbon aged beers have though.

The French Toast Bastard is good but I found the added flavors somewhat distracting/overdone. I'd still buy more of it though just to have as a change of pace.

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
As you’ll often see in my workday posts, I used empty de-ghosted Camel Snus tins a buddy at work kicks me down. There’s usually four packed with different blends in my lunchbox that carry me through the week, avg of 3-4 bowls a day.
Masking tape labels stay on side of jar and are transferred to tin when used, and back when done.
Good size to carry in pocket around property too for reloads.View attachment 258828
Heck yeah! I got to find some of those! I think I got a buddy that uses those I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.