PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Your drink sounds good! Did you add cold brew or use Mr. Black?
So here in Grand Rapids Michigan we have a distillery called Eastern kille. They make a hops fused gin that’s awesome for cocktails. It cuts the pine taste way down and allows more floral notes. I do 1oz equal parts of gin, cold brew, sweet vermouth and averna amora. AE84C15D-09B8-46BF-8A52-4DCD6C66B13E.jpeg

H

HRPufnstuf

Erinmore Mixture in my Rossi Lumberman. Find it smokes hot with finer ribbon cut, works well with heavier ribbon and lightly rubbed cakes.

Rossi 8824 Lumberman.JPG

Need to buy some flake so I can try cube cut in it. At least that's the excuse I'm using for my next order.

JimPM

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2021
Finishing the evening listening to this week’s P&C podcast while indulging a Baraccini Bent Dublin filled with 507C. Because the fridge is too full in preparation for the coming TDay feast, I couldn’t grab the 12-pack of my favorite seasonal brew, Yuengling’s Hershey Chocolate Porter. So, I opted for this new one from Shiner. Made with peaches and pecans, it tastes rather true to its festive billing. Savory sweet peach note, hints of rich caramel, citrus, nutty, smooth textured maltiness, and gentle bitter hops. And the Sutliff Virginian is, as always, tasting mighty fine as well!

thumbnail_IMG_1881.jpg

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
Edit to the above post.
After a lot of smoking, rubbing and sniffing of the two Folklore blends I’m pretty sure the 23 has a much higher proportion of Va’s. I’m sure that’s where the aroma is coming from and it’s what my Va sensitive tongue is telling me. The 22 seems heavier on the Katerini, Kentucky and Perique.
I’d still like to hear other opinion’s though.
I ended up with 2 pounds of the 22 so I didn't go for the 23. I remember thinking it had gone flat after a bit of time out of the original packaging, I think Embers had said that too. Now I'm not too sure, seems like there is plenty for my tongue after 2 years in the jar.

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Most of you know that I’m a big fan of Savinelli and its rich history. Many of you know the company was founded in 1876, and that Achille Savinelli, Sr. and his siblings opened shops in both Milan and Genova (Genoa). This is a Savinelli Meerschaum Tirolean with cherry shank and horn stem with orific bit (and cork mortise) from the shop run by Angelo Savinelli located at Galleria Mazzini 31 in Genova, Italy, probably from the late 19th or early 20th Century. Savinelli 140° (2022 Edition, No. 1358/2800) seems an appropriate blend to have in it.

View attachment 262547

Here’s a vintage postcard showing the storefront at Galleria Mazzini.

View attachment 262549

Correction: Senior moment. No cork mortise on this pipe. The cherry just press fits into the Meerschaum.

Status
Not open for further replies.