PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
You guys are troopers out there. Winters are no joke, and when it’s over, you have the mosquitoes to look forward to.
There aren't any mosquitos in the city anymore!!! When I was a kid I used to get literally chased down the street by swarms of mosquitoes. This past summer we had plenty of rain but NO mosquitoes. On bad years the city sprays malathion to keep the numbers down, but first we had a drought lasting the better part of a decade, which kept the mosquitoes at bay and now...nothing. At least in the city that's true. We didn't do any camping this year.

H

HRPufnstuf

There aren't any mosquitos in the city anymore!!! When I was a kid I used to get literally chased down the street by swarms of mosquitoes. This past summer we had plenty of rain but NO mosquitoes. On bad years the city sprays malathion to keep the numbers down, but first we had a drought lasting the better part of a decade, which kept the mosquitoes at bay and now...nothing. At least in the city that's true. We didn't do any camping this year.
This is true, even on the course the mosquitos were reasonable and we do not fog, some courses do. The standing water campaign in the city has been a big help within the city limits.

But, I digress...

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Nice retrieving session earlier - the low key approach has worked wonderfully and she’s now nuts about retrieving (and she should be, lol, but didn’t overdo when she was little-er). So I haven’t messed her up yet, haha. Peterson 125th B42 and Yorktown on the deck - what a super November day! View attachment 260867View attachment 260868
Good job on the training. Made me miss my Brittanys something fierce reading this. Too old to keep up with active hunting dogs now. Have fun with yours.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
We were so poor growing up that every Tuesday we had fried mosquitos on bread with butter for dinner.

Sorry, that should be in "What Are You Eating?"
Luxury!
When I was growing up we had to get up four hours before we went to bed, work 20 hours down the mine, eat half a handful of cold poison for dinner and then our dad would beat us to death with his belt.
If we were lucky!

God I miss Monty Pythons Flying Circus 😬

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.