Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I'm reformed, not Orthodox.

It's actually a nickname from high school, when I had Amish like mutton chops. Some close friends still refer to me as Amish and I used it as my first name while moonlighting as a line cook to avoid questions about my day job. I even have a chef's coat with Amish embroidered as my name.
So you can make us Xmas dinner but not help raise the new garden shed? 😀 Sounds like a better deal!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Last warm day (relatively speaking) for a while, as the next storm rolls in this week, so it's time to capitalize. Esoterica Scarborough (sample) in a Foyard Beechwood straight Rhodesian. A small bowled beaut perfect for a quickie as I knock out some work in the studio. Thanks to @TheIronMonkey for both of these!

Bird report: California scrub-jay, White-breasted nuthatch, Steller's jay, California thrasher, California towhee, California quail, House finch, Dark-eyed junco, White-crowned sparrow, Chipping sparrow, Common raven, Northern flicker, and Oak titmouse. When Ace Hardware sends me Black Friday coupons centered around birdseed and other avian products, it makes me wonder if the company's board of directors consists entirely of birds. 🤔

@Carol glad you're feeling better. Thread wasn't the same without you!

Today's my 2nd anniversary here. Thanks for making me feel so welcome! 👍

foyard.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
@The Amish Tyrant I'm not taking part in fast smoking competitions now as it's same weekend as the Derbyshire Woodland Festival which I'm more interested in!
I really enjoy traditional crafts such as willow weaving / basket making and woodcarving. I get to meet the Vikings as well:)
No more Clan for the Clay King; it smells and tastes off...
A fast smoking competition? What’s the origin of this tradition or event. How fast is fast?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of first release Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Enjoying my weekly pipe zoom.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I got so excited reading about Secret Santa matches I overpacked the last bowl and they changed the design of the seat covers I was installing - I need smaller hands, lol - my wife thought I was Darren McGavin fixing the furnace in “A Christmas Story”. NOW sitting quietly with some ‘06 Dan Tobacco Treasures of Ireland Limerick in the Peterson Kells XL90 - the flake experience continues! D08BCB26-EC31-4059-857C-026C14D6BB3A.jpeg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Jim, since I’ve seen you smoking some aged EGR, I bought 2 Tins back in February of this year for the cellar. What’s your experience on aging this tobacco? I’ve been tempted to open one up to smoke now, but will wait if a little more time is beneficial. You must’ve bought a lot of 2014?
maybe I need to buy more?
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
View attachment 183683

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Jim, since I’ve seen you smoking some aged EGR, I bought 2 Tins back in February of this year for the cellar. What’s your experience on aging this tobacco? I’ve been tempted to open one up to smoke now, but will wait if a little more time is beneficial. You must’ve bought a lot of 2014?
maybe I need to buy more?
That’s like asking Henry Ford whether he had a Model T! 😀 He’ll know!

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
Last warm day (relatively speaking) for a while, as the next storm rolls in this week, so it's time to capitalize. Esoterica Scarborough (sample) in a Foyard Beechwood straight Rhodesian. A small bowled beaut perfect for a quickie as I knock out some work in the studio. Thanks to @TheIronMonkey for both of these!

Bird report: California scrub-jay, White-breasted nuthatch, Steller's jay, California thrasher, California towhee, California quail, House finch, Dark-eyed junco, White-crowned sparrow, Chipping sparrow, Common raven, Northern flicker, and Oak titmouse. When Ace Hardware sends me Black Friday coupons centered around birdseed and other avian products, it makes me wonder if the company's board of directors consists entirely of birds. 🤔

@Carol glad you're feeling better. Thread wasn't the same without you!

Today's my 2nd anniversary here. Thanks for making me feel so welcome! 👍

View attachment 183730
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.