Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just passing the half way point of this bowl of C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Reading conflicting testimony about JFK's murder from eyewitnesses. All these years later, it's still hard to know what exactly happened.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

davidsaulmarshall

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2019
Cambridge, MA
Smoking some McC's Beacon in a Castello Duna Shape 32
img_2163-jpg.182677

IMG_2163.jpg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
And now the time has come. May the first version of the Clay King blend please stand up so we can all bask in it's gentle but royal deliciousness. Spotlight, drum roll and applause with three heavy cheers:
The Clay King's clay pipe blend has left the jar!
Its formula may be young but it will grow up to be a very royal and mellow fellow. I'm sure!

From left to right:
Virginia Gold Lemon, Virginia Gold Lemon sprayed with lemon peel infused mead, pressed, cut into flakes and rubbed up, English style (unflavored) Black Cavendish and also the Danish style (vanilla/Canadian maple syrup) Black Cavendish.

20221122_225859 - Copy.jpg

Mixed up and, of course, sampled in a clay pipe.

20221122_230204 - Copy.jpg

The mead soaked part needs much more flavor or this current blend needs much less Black Cavendish.
But still... The smoke is oh so sweet, the coolest cat you ever wanna meet! But there's no honey or lemon to it.

I have the comparison between my first aromatic and this one. I found out that you want to go all out with the sauce but distribute it sparingly. Not the other way around. I'll take some more of the mead soaked flakes to try them on their own and mix them into this Mk. I version of the blend.

I wish they taught us this in school, this is one leafy bunch of real fun!

@Chaukisch My mum and dad always make extra food when I go there for dinner so I've got some to take home. My support worker's bringing me a piece of salmon tomorrow; appropriate for me as the return of the salmon to the Don is a major conservation success for the Don Catchment Rivers Trust following the building of fish 🎏 passes on the weirs so they can navigate all the way up through Sheffield and Rotherham now. Going for my Christmas 🌲 dinner with the Don Catchment Rivers Trust at Renishaw Hall next month.
Making a loaf of bread 🍞 this evening, going to put it in the oven after dinner.
Still looking up mead recipes; it should go well in the Great Hall!
Great effort! If everyone took care of his immediate environment like you do than this planet would be in much better shape. I got leftovers from yesterdays kale dish, it filled me for the whole day and it's so delicious and rich that I could eat it for a whole week without getting sick of it.

For me Mayonnaise is the one to go for with a rich amount of pickled cucumbers and cubes of Fleischwurst.
Damn right! That's my favorite too, just the way I had it since childhood. There also are slices of hard boiled eggs in it. Mh, mh, mh! Molto delizioso!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
And now the time has come. May the first version of the Clay King blend please stand up so we can all bask in it's gentle but royal deliciousness. Spotlight, drum roll and applause with three heavy cheers:
The Clay King's clay pipe blend has left the jar!
Its formula may be young but it will grow up to be a very royal and mellow fellow. I'm sure!

From left to right:
Virginia Gold Lemon, Virginia Gold Lemon sprayed with lemon peel infused mead, pressed, cut into flakes and rubbed up, English style (unflavored) Black Cavendish and also the Danish style (vanilla/Canadian maple syrup) Black Cavendish.

View attachment 182675

Mixed up and, of course, sampled in a clay pipe.

View attachment 182676

The mead soaked part needs much more flavor or this current blend needs much less Black Cavendish.
But still... The smoke is oh so sweet, the coolest cat you ever wanna meet! But there's no honey or lemon to it.

I have the comparison between my first aromatic and this one. I found out that you want to go all out with the sauce but distribute it sparingly. Not the other way around. I'll take some more of the mead soaked flakes to try them on their own and mix them into this Mk. I version of the blend.

I wish they taught us this in school, this is one leafy bunch of real fun!

Great effort! If everyone took care of his immediate environment like you do than this planet would be in much better shape. I got leftovers from yesterdays kale dish, it filled me for the whole day and it's so delicious and rich that I could eat it for a whole week without getting sick of it.

Damn right! That's my favorite too, just the way I had it since childhood. There also are slices of hard boiled eggs in it. Mh, mh, mh! Molto delizioso!
@Chaukisch Well done!

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Airing out some straight Louisiana Perique, it's about ready to be smoked. I really held myself back to not smoke so much of it but the jar is almost empty anyway. Oh well, that's what they make it for and I love that stuff!
My donkey pipe will have the honor.

View attachment 182642

Just hacked up some Virginia Gold Lemon for the Clay King blend samples, also airing out a little.
Gonna mess around with this and try different mixes to see what works best.
Just look at that fluffy little mound. When you let it fall down it's like a thick whipped cream, settling slowly, almost lethargic. It's hypnotic, I can't stop playing with it.

View attachment 182643

I just had a look at their clay pipes, nice selection! I recently developed a yearning for that slick feel that my clay gave me before the binding. Gotta get a new regular one.

It's great stuff, huh? The meat and potatoes of general cuisine as I like to call it. Potato salad is served by my grandmother every Christmas, no matter how much she makes there's never any left to take home. There's probably a different kind of potato salad for every county in Germany. Do you prefer it with oil or mayonnaise?
I’ve eaten both and like each one, probably the mayo the best, but I never turn any down. Sometimes he will get a chunk of pork and score it and stick chunks of potatoes and veggies in it and roast it in a Dutch oven. Always sausages and beer on the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.