PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
I purchased this pipe several weeks ago at a local Antique Mall. I finally got around to sanitizing the stem. It appears to have been very lightly smoked. A no-name meerschaum pipe for a very reasonable price. It’s a nice small pipe four times when I may want to enjoy a shorter smoke.
I packed some Country Squire, Merriweather tobacco for the first smoke.
C40D8D75-CA29-457F-9250-ECE7EA99595E.jpeg
E91FF772-7238-4B7E-9DD1-FF191CC18ED8.jpeg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
1Q / IMP
(Only a pipesmoker may understand the meaning of this abracadabra)
View attachment 182216
@Dyakoff How's things in Ukraine; are you safe? I thought most of the population were in Poland and Romania...
There's a Ukrainian family in Sheffield go to Tribe Bushcraft at Holmesfield in Derbyshire, they've got a Ukrainian flag there. Shame the flags have gone from Donetsk Way tram stop though...

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I got a three hour smoke out of the GBD while I worked on some Thanksgiving silliness for the Secret Santa thread, and watched the first two hours of the UFC prelims. Took a break for lunch, and am now watching the main card (which unfortunately lost its main event). Going to have Dan Tobacco Devil’s Holiday in a large Ropp Cherrywood, with a bent vulcanite stem, with black and silver logo. Twelve ounce (355 mL) Coca-Cola can shown for scale. This should be a relatively long smoke as well.

IMG_20221119_160806.jpg

Happy Birthday to @AppalachianPiper92 !

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
@Chasing Embers should try it out some time! 😁
I would but that large pipe is the size of my smallest ones. Why would I have to hit someone up for tobacco? I've got just under 50 years worth in my cellar not to mention I wouldn't be around anyone when I'm smoking.

One of my smaller meerschaums.

20221119_174211.jpg

Last edited:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Some freshly cut Latakia Virginia Bright in my sawn-off hunter pipe, a cold pilsener to wash it down.
It's as good a smoke as it always was. Can't believe it took me so long to try this leaf straight.

View attachment 182228

My damn washing machine broke yesterday and flooded the bathroom and parts of the hallway, two days after I gave the whole place a good and thorough scrubbing. :rolleyes: Thankfully there was no other damage and the mess was quickly cleaned up. Still...

On a happier note, I recently got hooked on old pipe tobacco TV ads. Many of you have probably seen them on the tube back in the days. This one is probably my favorite, it definitely made me want to try some
St. Bruno. Just look how enthusiastic that guy handles his pipe. 😁 And that dog is just precious.

Followed by this one.
That's a neat trick the old fox is pulling off, @Chasing Embers should try it out some time! 😁

I also like how they all pack their pipes in those commercials, they don't give a shit!

@Carol - Hope you get well soon, I'm sure your pipes are missing you!
@Chaukisch If that was me it would be a giant 'cadger' clay pipe:)
Sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.