PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I went to a small town on the southern Oregon coast for the day (about an hour and a half drive from my house) with my wife and daughter to celebrate our daughter’s third birthday. We spent many hours and the beach and stopped at our favorite sushi spot for lunch. There was also an extremely skilled kite flyer at the beach who put on a show for us. I had a few bowls of sir Walter out of my trusty Savinelli 626 Tre rusticated while hanging out on the beach. View attachment 181642View attachment 181644View attachment 181647
Precious and great photos.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I became a Grandfather today, for the first time! 🎉 🎈 🎊 LOL 😆

The youngest of the three I have was the one to give birth, and so far the only grandchild, wow, reality hasn’t sunk in yet, but I still don’t feel old.

I was saving a tin and a pipe for another occasion I had in mind, but this is something to celebrate! So today I opened the tin, and gave the pipe it’s inaugural smoke, I bought the pipe October last year.

1974 Murray’s Erinmore Cube Cut, in a Bay Denmark Apple with a cumberland stem.

Erinmore flake was one of the first blends I smoked in the early 80s and this smells just like before, yes a Pineapple tin note and taste. When I opened the tin, it also has a slight perfume note to it, like Condor and Lakeland blends, and there is a faint taste of that with Pineapple, absolutely sublime.

I truly hope everyone is doing ok and well, as I am truly blessed today, not only from family, but all of you too, in this amazing place! ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

P.S. I was shocked, for a 48 year old tin, the moisture was perfect. :)

View attachment 181615

View attachment 181619

View attachment 181621
Congrats man!

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
I became a Grandfather today, for the first time! 🎉 🎈 🎊 LOL 😆

The youngest of the three I have was the one to give birth, and so far the only grandchild, wow, reality hasn’t sunk in yet, but I still don’t feel old.

I was saving a tin and a pipe for another occasion I had in mind, but this is something to celebrate! So today I opened the tin, and gave the pipe it’s inaugural smoke, I bought the pipe October last year.

1974 Murray’s Erinmore Cube Cut, in a Bay Denmark Apple with a cumberland stem.

Erinmore flake was one of the first blends I smoked in the early 80s and this smells just like before, yes a Pineapple tin note and taste. When I opened the tin, it also has a slight perfume note to it, like Condor and Lakeland blends, and there is a faint taste of that with Pineapple, absolutely sublime.

I truly hope everyone is doing ok and well, as I am truly blessed today, not only from family, but all of you too, in this amazing place! ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

P.S. I was shocked, for a 48 year old tin, the moisture was perfect. :)

View attachment 181615

View attachment 181619

View attachment 181621
Congratulations!

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
Going to have Wilke No. 515 in a Peterson’s Pipe of the Year 2021 Terracotta Dutch Billiard (122/500) 4AB.

View attachment 181557
Because of the picture sharing by @JimInks, I have been obsessed with 4AB or system spigot recently, now I am hungry for a peterson pipe like Gollum for the Ring.
“My precious……”

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Probably got something to do with the massive rainfall and high relative humidity, gosh I’m over this wet weather.

Smoking G.L Pease Virginia cream in a Sav 320 and pondering which paddock I’ll get bogged in today.
View attachment 181601

I can agree with that!
Spent all day cleaning up at work after the 2nd flood in a few weeks.
Hopefully no more of this for a while.
Mind you, my home and family are perfectly dry and safe, thus I am extremely grateful for that.

Gonna have to wait till tommorow to fire up a bowl, my sinuses are blocked and im just too buggered honestly 😅

20221102_094959.jpg20221116_155239.jpg

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Cornel & Diel Autumn Evening in my newly refurbished 1995 Christmas edition Comoy’s pipe. I purchased this pipe on EBay cheap because it badly needed to be cleaned up. This was my first attempt at refurbishing a pipe. The stem was in bad need of cleaning and polish, lots of charring on the rim and the bowl needed to be reamed. I know newer Comoy’s aren’t consider top tier pipes but I think it turned out nice and it smokes really well. I’m admittedly new to the pipe world but the briar wood on this pipe really pops after a good cleaning and polish. View attachment 181607

Looks fine! What a big pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.