PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol

Lifer
Dec 15, 2021
NW NM, USA
I became a Grandfather today, for the first time! 🎉 🎈 🎊 LOL 😆

The youngest of the three I have was the one to give birth, and so far the only grandchild, wow, reality hasn’t sunk in yet, but I still don’t feel old.

I was saving a tin and a pipe for another occasion I had in mind, but this is something to celebrate! So today I opened the tin, and gave the pipe it’s inaugural smoke, I bought the pipe October last year.

1974 Murray’s Erinmore Cube Cut, in a Bay Denmark Apple with a cumberland stem.

Erinmore flake was one of the first blends I smoked in the early 80s and this smells just like before, yes a Pineapple tin note and taste. When I opened the tin, it also has a slight perfume note to it, like Condor and Lakeland blends, and there is a faint taste of that with Pineapple, absolutely sublime.

I truly hope everyone is doing ok and well, as I am truly blessed today, not only from family, but all of you too, in this amazing place! ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

P.S. I was shocked, for a 48 year old tin, the moisture was perfect. :)

View attachment 181615

View attachment 181619

View attachment 181621
Congratulations Grampa!!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Watching an episode of Banacek.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Star of the East Flake in a Savinelli Roma Lucite bent pot. I did a little bit of an inventory check on my "cellar" today and I don't have as much tobacco as I thought i did (turns out if you smoke a whole bunch and don't replenish the stash, it goes down) and blends that I thought I had a ton of, I barely had any of.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I became a Grandfather today, for the first time! 🎉 🎈 🎊 LOL 😆

The youngest of the three I have was the one to give birth, and so far the only grandchild, wow, reality hasn’t sunk in yet, but I still don’t feel old.

I was saving a tin and a pipe for another occasion I had in mind, but this is something to celebrate! So today I opened the tin, and gave the pipe it’s inaugural smoke, I bought the pipe October last year.

1974 Murray’s Erinmore Cube Cut, in a Bay Denmark Apple with a cumberland stem.

Erinmore flake was one of the first blends I smoked in the early 80s and this smells just like before, yes a Pineapple tin note and taste. When I opened the tin, it also has a slight perfume note to it, like Condor and Lakeland blends, and there is a faint taste of that with Pineapple, absolutely sublime.

I truly hope everyone is doing ok and well, as I am truly blessed today, not only from family, but all of you too, in this amazing place! ❤️

Be well everyone! ❤️

P.S. I was shocked, for a 48 year old tin, the moisture was perfect. :)

View attachment 181615

View attachment 181619

View attachment 181621
Whooooo!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking 2021 Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching an episode of The Untouchables.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I went to a small town on the southern Oregon coast for the day (about an hour and a half drive from my house) with my wife and daughter to celebrate our daughter’s third birthday. We spent many hours and the beach and stopped at our favorite sushi spot for lunch. There was also an extremely skilled kite flyer at the beach who put on a show for us. I had a few bowls of sir Walter out of my trusty Savinelli 626 Tre rusticated while hanging out on the beach. AED0EFE0-90D8-4073-AC3F-D5EA563794D4.jpeg5A624094-C45D-47B8-A22B-274E80ADEAF3.jpeg9BC67A18-0AC3-49C3-95DF-DCE653F65ADA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.