Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in an undated straight smooth brown Crosby Saint Andrews “Merchant Service-like Bing” with a silverish band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
St.Andrews_Bing #1 copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke No. 111 in a straight smooth medium brown 2016 Brigham Klondike 16 bulldog with a tapered black acrylic stem. Fed Daisy and Shy Stripesy. It's chilly outside,so I knew they were hungry. I waited around to make sure no possums took their food. Probably should have put a coat on first, but it wasn't that bad.
Brigham_Klondike16_bulldog.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 1970s three quarter bend half smooth, half sandblasted Savinelli Autograph 4 military mount with a pearl brown acrylic ferrule and saddle stem. Have enough of this bag left for a couple bowls. Haven't smoked this pipe in a long time, but it's always been an Edgeworth pipe.
Sav_Autograph4_ H&H_left.jpg
Sav_Autograph4_H&H_right.jpg

Attachments

• Sav_Autograph4_H&H_right.jpg
    Sav_Autograph4_H&H_right.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Sav_Autograph4_ H&H_left.jpg
    Sav_Autograph4_ H&H_left.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 2

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Have about a quarter of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. Been enjoying some quiet time reading with Sleepy Suzy by my side. Molly is snoozin' under a blue blanket. She likes to hide sometimes. I'll likely end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
@Chaukisch Is that the "Clay King"???
That little mound of tobacco? Nah. That moist little package? Yep! Can't wait to see how this turns out, I was already afraid of that ugly wino smell but that has faded completely. I'm confident!

OT:
I'm finally feeling back at full strength, that was one long and ill ride I just couldn't get off of.
I just put the clay down, time to give the ugly duckling some love.
Gonna puff some of the Virginia Latakia Bright. This might seriously become one of my standard smokes,
it's just that one leaf that was simply cut up but its taste is really far out.
20221109_121308 - Copy.jpg

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
I had a pipe -a rare and pristine pipe- delivered by them for a friend and the delivery guy dropped it on the street outside my house, trod on it and gouged the briar beyond repair. I know because the outside was wet and it had been raining and had obviously just happened. On another occasion they returned a rare vinyl album to the US without even trying to deliver it.
I hope you have better luck than I’ve had.

Hermes is one of the cheapest parcel delivery services. They pay only a few bucks to their drivers for each delivered package. No matter what time it takes, to get the work done in their own cars.

Another bad one is GLS. Years ago I just waited four weeks for a package of some value from the UK. It seemed to be vanished from this planet.

GLS told me it already had been delivered. After some phone calls, they found it in a distribution centre.

The driver wasn’t able to identify our house as Nr. 1 in a small street with only two houses. The other one was Nr. 10 at the opposite. So he couldn’t leave any information, he was there.

Clearly visible was my phone number on that package, the driver could have called, but gave a shit. I suppose he had to much packages left in the car for the rest of the day, to care about that disturbing one.

Smoking Perique-Cones in a Kiko, this early afternoon. Looking forward to a piece of British fruit cake, and the coffee grinder to brew a fresh one, Bohnenkaffee.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
That little mound of tobacco? Nah. That moist little package? Yep! Can't wait to see how this turns out, I was already afraid of that ugly wino smell but that has faded completely. I'm confident!

OT:
I'm finally feeling back at full strength, that was one long and ill ride I just couldn't get off of.
I just put the clay down, time to give the ugly duckling some love.
Gonna puff some of the Virginia Latakia Bright. This might seriously become one of my standard smokes,
it's just that one leaf that was simply cut up but its taste is really far out.
View attachment 180411
@Chaukisch Do you think the "Clay King" will have a nice smell in the pouch / container and while it's smoked???
That honey / mead / lemon Virginia sounds delicious!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Samuel Gawith: 1792 Flake in a Falcon with a Meet bowl...​

WYoCgIC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.