PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Is that the Black Cavendish for the "Clay King"?
Kind of, I want to mix it with the Danish style Black Cavendish. Together with the mead, honey and lemon skin sprayed Virginia Gold Lemon it will make for one hell of a sweet smoke.
So I gotta post it again;

05848410 - Copy.jpg

is that clay wrapped in twine? and if so, did you do that or come that way? I've never smoked a clay and no idea if sold this way or not!
Yep, tightly wrapped in hemp twine and soaked with glue afterwards. Not just for style but also so I can hold it at the chamber and I can put it on the table without the pipe falling over, the one visible knot serves as a rest so it can stand on its own.

I've never seen a clay pipe like it, they might have some yarn around the shank or very mouthpiece, to make holding or the touch to the lips more comfortable. But this is pretty much unique.
It also broke twice, once I bit off about 1.5 inches and it broke once again about 1.5 inches behind the bowl.
About 8 euros but I didn't throw it away and it still smokes great, so far it's my main pipe.
I can line up bowl to bowl and this thing keeps on delivering a great smoke.
It even whistles when I put on a hard enough draw. Makes me feel like Popeye!

516.gif

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@
Kind of, I want to mix it with the Danish style Black Cavendish. Together with the mead, honey and lemon skin sprayed Virginia Gold Lemon it will make for one hell of a sweet smoke.
So I gotta post it again;

View attachment 178767

Yep, tightly wrapped in hemp twine and soaked with glue afterwards. Not just for style but also so I can hold it at the chamber and I can put it on the table without the pipe falling over, the one visible knot serves as a rest so it can stand on its own.

I've never seen a clay pipe like it, they might have some yarn around the shank or very mouthpiece, to make holding or the touch to the lips more comfortable. But this is pretty much unique.
It also broke twice, once I bit off about 1.5 inches and it broke once again about 1.5 inches behind the bowl.
About 8 euros but I didn't throw it away and it still smokes great, so far it's my main pipe.
I can line up bowl to bowl and this thing keeps on delivering a great smoke.
It even whistles when I put on a hard enough draw. Makes me feel like Popeye!

View attachment 178769
@Chaukisch Sounds delicious!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Five Brothers: Five Brothers in a Clay...​

vEF5ntf.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, porterhouse steak and cheddar cheese topped baked potato and green beans dinner. I just finished smoking Robert McConnell’s Scottish Blend in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the World Series as I work on a review of this blend.
Cavicchi_lovat.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just enjoyed this evening's dessert, which was a big slice of cheesecake topped with sliced cherries and a little Ready Whip. I'm part way through this bowl of Robert McConnell’s Scottish Blend in a 2003 URAL full bend big bowl egg shaped Lattice meer with a black acrylic saddle stem. Still working on the review.
URAL-lattice-egg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.