PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a very tasty cinnamon raisin French toast lunch with a sliced peach on the side. I'm close to finishing this bowl of Watch City New Beta in a 1978 straight smooth brown BBB Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Posted five reviews at TR, including three KBV blends along with the upcoming GLP Bankside blend.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
First smoke of November is also the first smoke (for me) in my recently gifted La Rossa Due bent billiard, H&H Caramel Apple Pie. Although the name makes it sound like a total PG-bomb that would ghost my pipe for the rest of the century, it's actually quite subdued, pleasant, and tobacco-forward, not to mention the obviously appealing property of being seasonally appropriate. I've got about three or four hours left of smoker-friendly weather, and I intend to make the most of it. This will be the earliest snowfall I've seen up here since moving here from LA back in early 2016, and according to a reliable local stalwart, one of the earliest, period! (10/31, for the record)

Bird report: California scrub-jay (almost always the first to show up), Steller's jay, White-crowned sparrow, Chipping sparrow, California towhee, Dark-eyed junco, Spotted towhee, Oak titmouse, White-breasted nuthatch, and Mountain chickadee.

Preparing for a nice, cozy evening. 'Tis the season! puffy

la rocca.jpg

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
Love to read the "What are you Smoking" thread, and contribute as well. Haven't been around for a bit because I had a dental implant in mid September, and I'm waiting for a full 3 months for healing and osseointegration to take place before I begin slowly to enjoy my cellar again. Living vicariously through all of you!

Weather for Pilots/Geeks:
21008KT 10SM FEW250 20/02 A3007 RMK AO2

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Now having 2019 Escudo, mostly rubbed out, in my clay. It's been interesting to focus on this baccy exclusively for a while; I'm about 1/3 of the way through the tin now. This clay pipe is one that I bought in an antique shop while in college, and survived all kinds of misadventures there, only to have part of the stem snap off a couple years ago at home. I filed the end square and wrapped it with a little electrical tape to make it a little more comfortable to clench. It often smokes wet (read: I'm probably smoking it wrong), so I don't use it as much. But I felt like trying the Escudo in it today, and to my surprise, it has been smoking sweet and relatively dry. I can't explain it.

clay_esc_1101.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Now having 2019 Escudo, mostly rubbed out, in my clay. It's been interesting to focus on this baccy exclusively for a while; I'm about 1/3 of the way through the tin now. This clay pipe is one that I bought in an antique shop while in college, and survived all kinds of misadventures there, only to have part of the stem snap off a couple years ago at home. I filed the end square and wrapped it with a little electrical tape to make it a little more comfortable to clench. It often smokes wet (read: I'm probably smoking it wrong), so I don't use it as much. But I felt like trying the Escudo in it today, and to my surprise, it has been smoking sweet and relatively dry. I can't explain it.

View attachment 178743
@ThermionicScott @Carol Thanks 👍 for uploading your clay pipe photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.