PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after lots and lots of pizza with a couple slices of freshly baked pecan pie and a couple of scoops of vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the World series, and am going to clean a few pipes.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Back home after a quick lunting in the woods. Strike that--too cold and windy to even make it to the woods! Made it about 200 yards down a dirt road, and said screw it. As soon as the sun goes behind the hills...that's it. Big temperature drop, and how can I enjoy a pipe in that?

But I did manage to get in a small bowl of Peterson Irish Oak (now Irish Cask) in my MM Country Gent. Not many birds this evening, other than some Brewer's blackbirds and a mish-mosh of various sparrows. They're smart; they stayed home today!

Happy weekend to all.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am passing the quarter mark on this bowl of C&D Derringer in a straight smooth brown 1920s (Comoy’s) Lions Head 399 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. The Astros won the World Series, and I'll go to work soon.
Comoy's_Lion's Head Canadian399.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Cornell & Diehl Small Batch Folklore (805/1000) in an “Unfinished Bent Aged Italian Briar Pipe” (Brandy) that I got from RnA Treasures for under thirty bucks. The only thing I needed to do was polish the unfinished stem with its wood dot and brass ring accents. This pipe appealed to me because of its better than average approximation of a Savinelli Corallo finish; it’s better than a number of attempts at that unique texture I’ve seen, but, still lacks the more subtle, rounded forms of the real deal. Regardless, I’m glad to have it. It’s fun, was inexpensive, and doesn’t look too bad.

IMG_20221105_231657.jpg

isaac liu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 30, 2022
China wuhan
@ Isaac liu

The Carolina Gent with the red stem I wanted to order first in last year’s summer, but it was out of stock. Also the Poker is a very nice one for me, but also was out of stock. If you’re going to the MM site you will find a lot of nice pipes with huge and smaller bowls. The acorn is small to medium.
Thanks for the info!Orders were placed last night,Carolina gent with the red stem will be delivered to my place in 24 hours……and the poker.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
I just had a conversation with a “friend” who was giving it his best shot to lecture me about a couple of choices I’ve recently made. Haha. He learned how little I cared for his opinion.

Now I’m washing down his tears with a Wild Turkey Old Fashioned. It tastes like victory. Lol.

Also enjoying more GH Dark Plug in an 1884 Barling Meer with Ryan Alden stem.

View attachment 179031
My goodness 1884? That’s incredible. Beautiful pipe. Are the walls thin on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.