PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairvise

Can't Leave
May 23, 2018
San Francisco
yeah it's a great one. It's an aromatic but in a way where it really compliments the natural qualities of the tobacco and brings them out. It's like adding sugar to tea. It doesn't make the tea taste like something else just sweeter and brings out more flavor instead of covering it up. Really enjoyable blend and quite easy to smoke through a tin of it.
That's a really great analogy to understand what an aromatic can (and in my mind) and should be. Thanks, @anotherbob !

gentlemancob

Might Stick Around
Apr 21, 2020
Utah
Just sitting outside in the quickly cooling evening working on an English assignment while smoking Stokkebye PS701 in my MM bent Legend. I added a spiced rum to this. It's been sitting in the jar for a couple of weeks now and I was greeted by a lovely aroma when I opened it. Very pleasant smoke so far.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, cohiba and sugar snap peas dinner. Waiting for dessert to be ready. In the meantime, I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a quarter of a very delicious, freshly made pecan pie with French vanilla ice cream on the side. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of well aged Art’s Virginia in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth rhodesian meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. The pipe and tobacco were gifts from my late friend Art Arterburn. Watching Chance at Heaven starring Ginger Rogers and Joel McCrea.
WhitePipe_Rhodesian_Smoked.jpg

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Gawith Hoggarth & Co.: Dark Plug in a Clay...​

UearNAX.jpg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That's a really great analogy to understand what an aromatic can (and in my mind) and should be. Thanks, @anotherbob !
it was an eye opener for me to be honest. Got me looking for more like it.
That said today I had Key Largo which is always a great smoke.
Then a small bowl of five bros and about to have another one.
LAter will have the last bit of my Three Star Blue with some age on it. That's another one. Really great after a year or so in a jar. I think if they aged it like that before selling it that one would be much more talked about and highly regarded (thanks @mso489 for hipping me to that one).

Status
Not open for further replies.