PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
@Charlie718 Which would you say is the best way of smoking flake in a clay pipe; the 'fold & stuff' or the 'rubbing out' method.
I always rub out the flake before smoking it.
I’d say it’s just a matter of personal preference. Which ever way you find you get more flavor and enjoyment with is the right way for you.
Personally I like the flavor flake has when it’s still in flake form but I don’t always want to fiddle with the tobac as I smoke it so instead of fold and stuff I cub cut it and gravity pack the pipe so I get the flavors I want with the burn quality of rubbed out tobac. Plus when you gravity pack a cubbed up flake it leaves plenty of room for it to expand.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I’d say it’s just a matter of personal preference. Which ever way you find you get more flavor and enjoyment with is the right way for you.
Personally I like the flavor flake has when it’s still in flake form but I don’t always want to fiddle with the tobac as I smoke it so instead of fold and stuff I cub cut it and gravity pack the pipe so I get the flavors I want with the burn quality of rubbed out tobac. Plus when you gravity pack a cubbed up flake it leaves plenty of room for it to expand.
@Charlie718 I'll have to try the cube cut method; I've smoked some cube cut burley in the clay pipes.
Have you ever smoked a clay???

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2014 Sutliff 1849 in a medium bend smooth dark brown 1968 Barling 5631 London England TVF billiard silver spigot with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching The Big Sleep. Never get tired of this movie.
Barling_Spigot_1849.jpg

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Sutliff’s Heavy English in a Comoy’s Bent Billiard.

And a ShoutOut to HauntedMyst for his quote from Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a German theologian who stood up to the Nazis, and was murdered by them in the waning days of WWII. Regardless of your faith, or non-faith, his writings stand out as a paradigm of how life can be lived, even in the face of great oppression.
3DB49665-963A-4923-9833-7200D8F7AE74.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.