PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
A light lunch of cold meat and pickles followed by fruit.

Now Penzance in a 1902 Charles Maxwell Kinnear footed Cutty with Amber-look acrylic stem with orific bit. Chester hallmarks KLd in an oval.

With it a glass of Spanish brandy - Equipo Navazos La Bota 29 10+ yo Jerez brandy kept in fino sherry cask for >12months prior to bottling. Fine, pale and dry, unlike the majority of Spanish brandies which tend to be dark, full-bodied and sweet.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Now smoking Hearth & Home White Night in a Paykoc Meerschaum Dr Watson - From Sherlock Holmes / Dr Watson two pipe set.

There was a post today in the forum, which asked how many pipe one have. I have 48 pipes, and have stopped buying pipes because I believe in quality and not quantity.
I only had three more pipes to buy, which would make the perfect size of my collection to 51. One of them is from an American Carver, whose work I admire a lot, and in my personal opinion she is is the most talented carver in the world today. Whenever I tried to buy her pipes before, it was already sold. Today I gathered the motivation to contact her directly for a commission, pre selected a working pipe of hers, agreed on a price and decided to finalize a contract on Monday.
Knowing myself it is a 100%
chance that I will buy the pipe on Monday, so hopefully one more to my collection. Since it is a commission it will be tuned to to my preferences, and that’s an added bonus

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Finishing off the very fine Spanish brandy with a mug of black chai tea

Now onto a bowl of Germain's Special Latakia Flake. This is supposedly the blend that Penzance was developed from. Where I find Penzance somewhat one dimensional, I find this Special Latakia Flake engaging and ever changing.

In a 1921 Loewe bent billiard with an army mount stem, orific bit (the bottom pipe in the 2nd pic)image.jpgimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.