PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Smoked my last clay bowl for this year - I've decided not to buy any more packeted pipe tobacco due to the non recyclable packaging and deciding not to spend the money.
Saving money for when the pandemic has passed!
I've decided not to go in shops that sell pipe tobacco and when I go to the Co-op to post my parcels I won't be taking any money with me.
I've given my lighters away to make sure I don't buy any more pipe tobacco and have a crafty smoke!
Think of all the money I'll save!
I've decided to save more money, improve my fitness and reduce my carbon footprint by cutting out crisps, biscuits and chocolate (unless I get money off vouchers) due to the non recyclable packaging.
One of the things I like about living history re-enactment is the absence of plastic, but a lot of the things I'd need (such as cheese, bacon etc) come in non recyclable plastic packaging.
I only plan to smoke my pipes when I go to re-enactment once the pandemic has passed, I'm thinking of spending a weekend with the Earl of Manchester's regiment of the Sealed Knot so I'll be smoking some loose Gawith Hoggarth in a clay then!
I imagine smoking my clay around the fire would be enjoyable and relaxing, as they would have back in the day!
I re-use plastic pipe tobacco packets for wrapping my clay pipes in and when I buy loose Gawith Hoggarth (only for re-enactment next year!), getting it weighed into my own packet!
Going smoke free until re-enactment starts again!
@tomatamot @ashdigger @weezell Why is it sad that I'm doing something to improve my health in memory of a friend who died of cancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.