PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Took a very short nap, and am relaxing after a wonderful salad, two big turkey legs and mashed potatoes dinner with birthday chocolate cake and vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth birth year 1960 Dunhill DRA 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Have had a nice, quiet birthday with a bunch of phone calls and almost 400 b-day wishes on Facebook. Hard to want more than that.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side copy.jpg

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Whole leaf blend. Something simple with strength is often what I feel like at the end of the day. Reset the taste buds a little from analyzing/ enjoying more complex blend experiments during the day.

50% kentucky
50% bright virginia
Ribbon cut.

Through an Altinay lattice meer billiard.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Glorious CONDOR RR in a Meer...
1JMf67q.jpg

d4k23

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2018
Texas
Reiner Long Golden Flake in a gifted Stanwell - I tasted the topping this morning on my way to work, but on the way home and now not so much. Dried it out for almost a full day and have a perfect burn going. Good smoke but don’t see myself paying for that tin again - looking forward to getting some age in the jar though. image.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Smoked my last clay bowl for this year - I've decided not to buy any more packeted pipe tobacco due to the non recyclable packaging and deciding not to spend the money.
Saving money for when the pandemic has passed!
I've decided not to go in shops that sell pipe tobacco and when I go to the Co-op to post my parcels I won't be taking any money with me.
I've given my lighters away to make sure I don't buy any more pipe tobacco and have a crafty smoke!
Think of all the money I'll save!
I've decided to save more money, improve my fitness and reduce my carbon footprint by cutting out crisps, biscuits and chocolate (unless I get money off vouchers) due to the non recyclable packaging.
One of the things I like about living history re-enactment is the absence of plastic, but a lot of the things I'd need (such as cheese, bacon etc) come in non recyclable plastic packaging.
I only plan to smoke my pipes when I go to re-enactment once the pandemic has passed, I'm thinking of spending a weekend with the Earl of Manchester's regiment of the Sealed Knot so I'll be smoking some loose Gawith Hoggarth in a clay then!
I imagine smoking my clay around the fire would be enjoyable and relaxing, as they would have back in the day!
I re-use plastic pipe tobacco packets for wrapping my clay pipes in and when I buy loose Gawith Hoggarth (only for re-enactment next year!), getting it weighed into my own packet!
Going smoke free until re-enactment starts again!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 1952 Edgeworth Slices in a straight sandblasted pre-transition Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver band and a black ebonite military bit tapered stem. Have enough for one more bowl. Now, it's snack time!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a lot of snacking, including a golden delicious apple, and am having my first bowl out of this freshly opened tin of year 1997 McClelland Christmas Cheer in a 1980 Stanwell 668 medium bend with a multi-colored ferrule, half black sandblasted, half brown smooth, rough top with a black vulcanite stem. Phone chatting with the generous friend who gifted me the tin. It's fun to share the experience with the giver.

Status
Not open for further replies.