PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Doing one of my favorite chores ... laundry. Why? It’s a great excuse to do nothing between loading and folding sessions.

After listening to a couple episodes of the old Suspense radio show, I’m playing reruns of the Pipesmagazine Radio Show podcasts ... specifically, whole string of Brian’s interviews with Mike and Mary McNiel of the former McClelland. This experience deserves revisiting one of few estate pipes I have in my collection.

CCCC2D05-7C98-4C45-948E-07D91956E83F.jpeg

I know little about this pipe. I don’t know the maker or the year it was made (I’ve only had it for the last fifteen or sixteen years of its long life). The ring is tarnished silver, the stem is orific at the button and made of amber. Right now, the bowl (which needs to be replaced someday) is loaded with Frog Morton Across the Pond.

It doesn’t get much better than this. :sher:

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
SG Hansom Flake in an AKB Lattice Cherrywood Meerschaum carved by Tekin. First bowl in some time. It still smells like chocolate when opening the jar. There is still none in the taste. It now tastes like Grasmere Flake with a tiny hint of spice from the Perique. The Lakeland is much more distinct than I recall. A decent mild smoke. I am still debating on getting more to cellar but, I don’t know what this will become...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Part way through this bowl of GLP Samarra 20th Anniversary Limited Edition in a medium bend smooth paneled 2017 Celebi Turkish Meerschaum with a gold and black swirl acrylic tapered stem. Watching The Maltese Falcon on Bogart day on TCM. Working on a review of this blend, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.