PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
I had a great visit with my Saturday ZOOM buddies, as I smoked some 2004 McClelland Anniversary Tobacco (a gift from Mike) in my James Upshall FH rusticated, saddle stemmed, bent Dublin.
I showed this pipe to Barry Jones at a Chicago Show many years ago. He took it in his hands and said, "Damn, I remember making this one. How does it smoke after all these years?" I told his it was one of my very best smokers. He just smiled broadly and said, "Good."

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost finished smoking Watch City Queequeg’s Moby Dick Series in a slight bend smooth brown post WWII 1940s Sasieni Ivory 101 Westminster diplomat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. There's quite a lot of comfort when I dedicate a pipe to a singular blend. The flavor I desire when I do that is most enjoyable.
1940s_Sasieni_Ivory101_Westminster_diplomat.jpg

The rest of the day with the ferals was rather typical except for Abner the Eager. The last two days he showed up extra sad, and holding his right front paw off the ground. I checked it out, but couldn’t see anything wrong. He is able to walk. Even though he’s not a big eater, I noticed that he’s eating a little less than usual. This reminds me of the time Tomato the Brave had a hip problem for a while. We don’t what happened to him or to Abner, but I think the poor little fella will be back to normal soon.

Sam and the scampers are in lock down so Molly and Sleepy Suzy could eat in peace. Everybody else is outside.
OT&LT1.jpg
2OT&LT1.jpg
2OT&LT2.jpg
OTComp1.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Trying for the first time gifted to me War Horse Bar from @Akoni808 ❤️

In a 1901 Sam McLardy & Co. Meerschaum with a vulcanite stem.

Now Akoni808 certainly gets my love for his kindness gifting me so much tobacco. :)

But holy crap, this stuff is down right peculiar and quite scary too! LOL 😝

I seriously have nothing wrong with my nose, and when I first opened it, and took it out of the wrapping, and took a big whiff; Metallic Anise. 😮

When I rubbed it out, the tips of my fingers literally smelled of metal.

But the tin had a paper liner, and the tobacco wrapped in another paper. But it made me feel like metal of the tin, somehow leeched into the tobacco, I’m not sure that’s even possible through the paper.

Otherwise, where is a metallic smell coming from… 🤔

This is the scariest blend I’ve ever smoked, like is this stuff safe. The after taste the best way I can describe it at the beginning so far, is like a light butane floral flavor LOL 😝

Not sure if this is a bad batch, I guess I’ll try smoking it more, I am still alive typing this, while smoking it! LOL rotf

Hey @JimInks would you PLEASE be so kind, if you could tell me, do believe the flavoring added to this is all natural? 🤔

image1.jpeg

P.S. After smoking a quarter of the bowl, the butane floral flavor is dissipating and it’s becoming more palatable, a sweet floral Lakeland like burley, Kentucky. Hmm 🤔

Last edited:

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
As if there wasn't enough drama, Sam the Scamp has been in heat for three days, and is getting louder about it. The chance of her getting out of this house are slimmer than an ant's mustache. Since she woke me up, I'm having a bowl of Watch City Mistletoe Jam (Christmas 2022) in a 1979 smooth natural signed Rossi 1886 Hungarian 124 with a dark amber colored acrylic saddle stem. You should have seen this pipe when I bought. it was a very light brown and the stem was much lighter, too. Sleepy Suzy is by my side. Molly Danger is snoozin' with m'lady.
Rossi_Natural_Hungarian124.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Trying for the first time gifted to me War Horse Bar from @Akoni808 ❤️

In a 1901 Sam McLardy & Co. Meerschaum with a vulcanite stem.

Now Akoni808 certainly gets my love for his kindness gifting me so much tobacco. :)

But holy crap, this stuff is down right peculiar and quite scary too! LOL 😝

I seriously have nothing wrong with my nose, and when I first opened it, and took it out of the wrapping, and took a big whiff; Metallic Anise. 😮

When I rubbed it out, the tips of my fingers literally smelled of metal.

But the tin had a paper liner, and the tobacco wrapped in another paper. But it made me feel like metal of the tin, somehow leeched into the tobacco, I’m not sure that’s even possible through the paper.

Otherwise, where is a metallic smell coming from… 🤔

This is the scariest blend I’ve ever smoked, like is this stuff safe. The after taste the best way I can describe it at the beginning so far, is like a light butane floral flavor LOL 😝

Not sure if this is a bad batch, I guess I’ll try smoking it more, I am still alive typing this, while smoking it! LOL rotf

Hey @JimInks would you PLEASE be so kind, if you could tell me, do believe the flavoring added to this is all natural? 🤔

View attachment 309672

P.S. After smoking a quarter of the bowl, the butane floral flavor is dissipating and it’s becoming more palatable, a sweet floral Lakeland like burley, Kentucky. Hmm 🤔
I don't know how they source their flavorings so I can't answer your question. I do have a review of it posted at TR, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.