PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananacaravanadium

Might Stick Around
Mar 20, 2024
Willamette Valley, OR
1716612307318.jpeg
GH&C’s Kendal Toffee I got a sample of in a no-name basket cob (have had to replace the putty at the bottom of this one with hardwood dowel). The shag cut is not easy for me to manage so the high-maintenance smoke is not the most enjoyable; however, this is a very tobacco-forward aromatic that left me wishing—as so very few aromatics do these days—wishing I had a bit more.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of 1970s Heine's Blend in the second pipe I ever bought, a 1974 three quarter bend black sandblasted Dr. Grabow Omega military mount with a nickel band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Never smoked this pipe that much because of the tight draft hole. I seldom ever got a pipe cleaner through the stem. My friend did a great job in fixing the problem, and not only does the stem look like it did fifty years ago, but it smokes better than ever.
Dr.Grabow_Omega_ Sandblast.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem. This was the first “Bing” that Basil made. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Bing1 copy.jpg

BingBong

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Back to the future. Ideally, I'd have picked up some Rich Dark Spring Dew for this one but was a bit distracted, so first smoke is Kendal No.4 Broken Flake for this new Jack Hargreaves tribute Falcon. Now, as my first pipe was a Falcon, this completes a 50 year cycle; maybe it will be the last pipe I buy. Certainly takes me back...

IMG_20240525_125756_edit_2092032634125569.jpg

gcm

Might Stick Around
Nov 10, 2023
Belgium, Flanders
First time smoking EMP that I'm actually enjoying it...

I've mainly had bad experiences with this blend (tasted like hot air, bit me...) So i avoided this blend and most englishes all together.

This morning i once again realised that my cellar is VERY Va oriented since it's what i've been smoking the last few months. I'm somehow 'scared' that my tastes will change towards lat so i had to check whether i like lat ( didnt trust my memory) This is better than i remember! Ill buy some english next haul!
IMG_20240525_140823.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.