PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, cod and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2016 Peter Heinrichs Special Curly in a straight smooth brown 1950s The Saint James London Pipe (Comoy’s second) 185M billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_London PipeSJ_185M_billiard.jpg

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
This afternoon Sutliffe 507-C Virginia Flake in the Barontini 1/2 spigot, 1/2 flake folded in half then 1/2 lengthwise and inserted vertically into the bowl and pressed down. A wonderful, flavorful long lasting smoke.
1715999736736.jpeg
But tonight I tried something different, I took the other half flake and folded it in half lengthwise then broke it into three pieces; I tri-folded each third and rolled them into a ball and inserted into the Vauen Olaf bent egg one on top of the other. The flake burns perfectly slowly and packs much more flavor. The smoke is lighter but perfect for sipping for full flavor. I will be doing this again.

1715999704792.jpeg

The Barontini has a 20mmx52mm chamber and the Vauen Olaf has a 20mmx46mm chamber - just a tad shorter. Both might be considered larger pipes. My Peterson Pub pipe chamber is 22.5mm x 51.5mm by comparison.

BrightDarkEyes

Can't Leave
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
IMG_5444.jpeg
Third bowl of Haunted Bookshop in my Barling meerschaum with acrylic stem and 9mm filter.

I have been too busy to post smokes and not many bowls smoked in the past few days.

This bowl I’ve lit with Red Bird matches and the bowl before was with a regular Bic and before that was with my new vintage zippo. I’m conducting an experiment with how the different lighting methods provide different smoking experiences and so far it isn’t looking good for the zippo.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Ended the workweek with a half-bowl of Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a Savinelli Porto Cervo 122 rusticated bent pot. This was also my first chance to belatedly celebrate a successful vet appointment with the mustang on Thursday. Salmon w/scalloped potatoes and peas on the docket, with some white wine, of course. Very glad to have some time to rest now!

Bird report: California scrub-jay, California quail, California towhee, Mountain chickadee, Oak titmouse, Common raven, and Dark-eyed junco.

Shabbat shalom to everyone!

porto cervo 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.