PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Somewhat against my better judgment I ordered Geometrie by G.L. Pease. You get a plug of tobacco that is a melange of Virginia and Orientals. There was some loose stuff in the tin when I got it, so I stuffed that in the pipe and gave it a whirl. My god was it ghastly. I can't begin to describe how bad it was. So, after a few days I tried again. This time I took my blade and cut thinly along the long axis of the tobacco. This I cut the slice across the narrow part of the tobacco. Then I used my fingers to further shred to tobacco into small pieces. Nothing larger that quarter inch. And then I lit it.

It took a few lights to get it going. I found that I could tolerate the blend at this point. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad. I wish could tell you what it tasted like, but I don't have the palate of the God of Smokes, Jiminks. I can taste "good" and "bad". So, I leave it that it was "meh". I hate myself for giving this such a poor mark because I am a big fan of G.L. Pease and his blends. I was smoking a Doug Finlay 1/8th bent freehand,

3/5 is a kind rating.
It certainly does need some airing out. I didn't care for the first bowl either. I should have written this in my review, but I believe age will improve it.

BriarBrook

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2022
Missouri
Mac Baren Vanilla Flake 2021

Monday, May 1, 2023
8:44 PM

Smoked in Peterson X105 short

Extremely dry out of the tin

Spicy

More Virginia than cavendish

Not much vanilla

A little rough/harsh retro and taste

Smoke is very irritating to eyes

Few if any relights

More than average gurgle

Pleasant room note

Pleasant mustache note

Do not return to

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Went for an impromptu late afternoon lunting w/the family. Ergo, first smoke of the month was Mac Baren Vanilla Cream in my still-new MM Dagner Poker.

Bird report: California towhee, Common raven, Mountain chickadee, White-breasted nuthatch, Steller's jay, California scrub-jay, and what I think was a Northern goshawk. If so, first time!

My father-in-law is a NY Rangers fan. I guess I should go ahead and place a consolation phone call now...

Status
Not open for further replies.