PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
This afternoon's Match Hickory was a little rough around the edges (probably dried it too long and packed it too tight), so I felt like redemption. What better way than favorite pipe and favorite blend? Drew Estate Gatsby Luxury Flake in my Savinelli Porto Cervo 122 bent pot. Paired with a vodka tonic, so as to celebrate my come-from-behind victory against wifey in Scrabble, 274 to 258. Won it on the last play of the game! She's pretty laid back--she let me use "burley" before. I would imagine "perique" might get challenged... 🤷‍♂️

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California towhee, White-breasted nuthatch, Eurasian collared dove, Mourning dove, Mountain chickadee, Common raven, and California quail.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

porto cervo.jpg

5.14.23 monsoon clouds.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave. I'm off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. In case you haven't noticed, this has been a Pete day. :)
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finishing up a bowl of War Horse that I had started smoking on the porch with my father-in-law a few hours ago.

View attachment 222972

You don’t want to rush this stuff — it may not bite your tongue, but the nicotine will get you!

FIL is typically a cherry blend kind of guy, but having none on hand, I offered some PS Cube Cut and he seemed to like that alright. :)
Try smoking the original in a big bowl, and then a prototype like I did to follow when I was doing comparison reviewing. It was good being in a comfortable chair. :) @condorlover1 and @woodsroad did their best to bury me deep, but I survived! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.