PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty navel orange, and am part way through this bowl of Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball prince with a tapered cumberland stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a Tim Holt western.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PS 83 Amsterdam, which I haven't seen offered for a while, in a Savinelli rusticated Oom-Paul/Hungarian in the Hercules series. This blend has definitely mellowed and harmonized better in the jar since May 2019. The biggest oak on my lot lost a major limb yesterday evening. No big thundering boom; it landed on the leafy end and is standing heavy-end up. The crew will come tomorrow afternoon to ease it to the ground and saw it up. I'd guess it could be a half ton of oak propped up by a spindly dogwood tree. I'm giving it wide berth.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
Had a pretty good thunderstorm roll in today around 13:30, with tornado warnings broadcasting over the radio. So, (because I saw lightening) I lowered the boom, took a late lunch, and loaded up my Savinelli 611 Tundra smooth w/ Gawith Hoggarth & Co...and waited for it to pass. Sometimes I wish a tornado would whisk me off to OZ where I could meet the Wicked Witch of the West and maybe have a fling or a long lasting romance. I've always found her attractive for some reason...View attachment 143757View attachment 143758View attachment 143759View attachment 143760View attachment 143761
Margaret Hamilton, the Wicked Witch of the West from the 1939 film of the Wizard of Oz, lived in my apartment building—we're talking sixty plus years ago. A friend of mine use to trick or treat in the building. Apparently, Hamilton gave out candies in a wrapper that said WWW. Those initials mean something different nowadays. Witches are sexy but Margaret Hamilton looked nothing like that cartoon LOL.

dunnyboy

Lifer
Jul 6, 2018
New York
PS 83 Amsterdam, which I haven't seen offered for a while, in a Savinelli rusticated Oom-Paul/Hungarian in the Hercules series. This blend has definitely mellowed and harmonized better in the jar since May 2019. The biggest oak on my lot lost a major limb yesterday evening. No big thundering boom; it landed on the leafy end and is standing heavy-end up. The crew will come tomorrow afternoon to ease it to the ground and saw it up. I'd guess it could be a half ton of oak propped up by a spindly dogwood tree. I'm giving it wide berth.
Sounds like you might have a lifetime supply of firewood. Nothing like building a fire with wood from your own lot.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a straight smooth brown 1950s Comoy’s Tradition 305 apple military mount with a sterling silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Working and listening to The Green Hornet.
Comoy’s_Tradition305_apple_militarymount.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.