PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
Just got home from the Boise Pipe Club meeting.
I brought the Boswell Volcano Sitter.
Brought and Smoked a bowl of C&D Autumn Evening and Boswell’s Countryside English.
Sharing tobacco blends at the meeting made for great discussion and the chance for people to smoke baccy they’ve never tried.
I got to smoke Germain, Plumb Cake for the first time. What a great smoke.
Very smooth, subtly sweet, with wonderful spice notes of Anise, nutmeg or cinnamon? Not a complex smoke, but I enjoyed it very much.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished smoking year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of the last of my stash of year 2014 4Noggins Prairie Wind in a mid-2000 decade Tom Eltang straight black sand blasted canted AJ Dublin with a cream and brown horn ferrule, and a tapered black acrylic stem. Didn't quite have enough to fill up the bowl. Time to read baseball box scores.
Tom_Eltang_AJDublin.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
About a third of a bowl left of Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked. This will end my smoking day.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
After hitting my face two and a half weeks ago the sores are finally gone and I can get back to my pipes.

First some Ten Russians in a Savinelli 601, and then my home blend Vanilla Custard with English Oriental Supreme smoked in a Savinelli Mega Lovat (the loaded pipes are prepared for transport with a ribbon of cling wrap).
Both were very well behaved and good flavorful blends.

218BC2C8-BD55-40FE-A7D2-63FD268CB324.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.