PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finishing this bowl of year 2018 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Mid-afternoon pipe on the front porch with the pups...

Enjoying a glass of tea and a bowl of C&D Epiphany in a customized Peterson seconds 150 bulldog.

View attachment 146023

View attachment 146024

... and yes, that is an Amish horse buggy going past.
For the record, I was not in Ohio today (but not too far away) and my buggy is horsepower driven.

Cheers.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011

Peterson: Irish Flake in a Meer...​

TGFvHJx.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Still working, but I have an end of the day bowl of Sutliff 507-C VA Slices drying on a paper towel to adequate crispness. My VA pipe is below, a Medico Whitewall billiard. Bird report: Common raven, California kingbird, California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California towhee, California quail and, pleased to report, Bullock's oriole! Delighted to see these birds coming around. Broccoli & mushroom quiche on the menu for this evening, with a Charles Shaw organic table red from Trader Joe's ($4 a pop!).

The festivities this weekend went very well. I didn't even end up smoking the Sutliff BSOMM. Two bowls of Ashton Gold Rush, one bowl of Mac Baren VRC, one of C&D Eight State Burley (my new favorite morning smoke) and two of Peterson Nightcap to finish off my sample. No other pipe smokers to be found, unfortunately, but lots of folks liked the smell of the VRC. puffy

medico.jpg

Fralphog

Lifer
Oct 28, 2021
Idaho
After dinner smoke. Savinelli Oscar Canadian ( thanks @scloyd !)
packed with 1/3 each
2017 C&D Yorktown
C&D Izmir Turkish
C&D DFK
A dram of Redemption Rye Rodin’ shotgun?
image.jpg
The DFK and Izmir are mostly driving this train. I smoked the 2017 Yorktown alone the other day and it had a wonderful bread pudding like, smooth taste.
In this mixture, it provides very subtle sweetness that melds nicely with the smoky DFK and spice of the Izmir. Ever now and then I get this spicy barbecue sauce like note- very tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.